Tuesday, June 29, 2021

29th June 2021

 Sitting here drinking my morning coffee feeling rather blue.  The little cat went yesterday, I have the scars to prove it also an aching left hand.  But guilt and sadness aside, I would rather he have a home and food then to be left here hungry and lonely.  I caught him as he fled to the top of the curtain and boy did he show his true feral nature.  So farewell to Green Eyes.

Also the boys (they are really grown up men of course) have taken down and wrapped the Two Carp Leaping the Bridge painting and the wall space looks very bare, it now sits in the guest room alongside their boxes. But hopefully they will keep it in the family.


And as images float through F/B reminded me this morning about Duloe stone Circle, it is small and made of quartz stone and rather exquisite.


What other news?  Wally the Walrus is still flippering around the coast, stopped off at the Scilly Isles, clambering into people's boats for a snooze and making himself at home.  He has even made brief visits to Europe as well, he is well looked after by all who meet him, they say he might have drifted down on an ice floe.  He is causing some havoc  though, bless him.  Will someone hire a boat and transfer him back to where he came from I wonder.  Wales Online.

10 comments:

  1. How nice to have an animal interest story on the news instead of the politics, scandals, violence, destruction that we are usually treated to on the nightly news! Thank you Wally the Walrus for that! Hope you get home safely!
    I hope your two carp painting will find a new home - it is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well maybe he will evolve to be able to live in warm water, but there doesn't seem any female walruses having made it down South Ellen. It is about five foot square the painting. According to the little leaflet Paul had, it was a screen either for a temple or public building to face the people coming in. According to legend a carp who succeeded swimming upstream in the Yellow River over a place called the Dragon Gate would be transformed immediately into a mighty dragon.

      Delete
  2. So sad to lose green eyes - but one goes through these phases as one ages. We just have to weather them I feel. I listen for David at the door each tea time when he came in for his tea off the farm. Four years now - I don't think I shall ever get used toit. Take care and soldier on. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad yes, especially as he was home grown and so happy in his outside life but he was getting very dependent on me for food and affection. Although we parted fighting ;) I think memories just float back Pat, they make you sad at the time but they are also reassuring. Especially of the happy times, I came across a photo today of Paul laughing at Lucy as she danced in happiness at her favourite place, which was Wheeldale Moor.

      Delete
    2. Gosh, that's a big painting to go off the wall. The room will seem so empty without it.

      Your Green Eyes will soon find a suitable new home, I am sure. Sorry he couldn't be tempted into the carrier with food so you had to grab and get Wounded! Glad that the photo brought you a memory of happy times.

      Delete
    3. Just starting to heal and my hand has got better. I hope the lads will keep most of what Paul collected. A 'cabinet of curiosities' of all the fossils for his grandson Leo would be good. Now I am having to work out what we will carry on the train, having promised my daughter there won't be much;)

      Delete
  3. I'm happy to hear the good ending for Green Eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully it is, and he doesn't begin a 10 mile journey across country. He was furious ;).

      Delete
  4. Duloe stone circle looks special though I know that amateur archaeologists from the nineteenth century often interfered with such sites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could well have had a burial in the centre, the quartz stone came from a couple of miles away. Different types of stone was highly valued of course.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!