Wednesday, March 23, 2022

23rd March 2022


Previous:

Yesterday was switch over time to a new internet provider, coinciding with the new Equinox of course.  It was managed successfully by my granddaughter early morning, though deep in 500 questions in Spanish which she had to deliver that day.  The router was set up, and I managed to eventually decipher the password she had left me; all this tapping on phones is hell to the handwritten word.  Alexa stayed in misery all day and the television switched in the evening.  Goodness knows if Putin decides to wreck the internet system what we shall do.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I think I wrote that on Monday, bad news coming in thick and fast and I did not want to know the world.  But today the 23rd, the sun shines, the Canadian geese, two swans and ducks are floating, not exactly peaceful, for they are squawking with belligerence choosing their mates perhaps.  My favourite canal boat, Carpe Diem has returned to its mooring slot, with its wooden monkey fishing laconically on the back, and the two large huskies asleep in the front end of the boat.

Sunday is Mothering Sunday, so we are going out for a walk somewhere above Hebden Bridge and of course tea and cake. There are gardens round here to visit but quite a drive away, and in this time of inflation perhaps we should stay nearer  home.

What is the Chancellor going to do, all the morning news is how people cannot afford the cost of living, the chant, heat or eat is heard time and time again.  Those with means will survive, those without need social assistance, it will be interesting to see how he manages it.

The line drawn between those who are poor and those who are rich, is no more fully underlined as to the millionaires who govern us.  Will we see us falling into the same pattern as the Russians are doing now and queueing endlessly for such staples as buckwheat and sugar.

The shock sacking of 800 crewmen by P&O, was a light up moment for many.  Apparently Chris Grayling in 2018 gave the go ahead for a law to be passed that said that the Secretary of State 'does not need to be notified of the mass redundancies of ships overseas' . He was a b***** idiot in the time he was in office, his mistakes obviously just keep on coming.  And, apart from that £1.80 an hour for the poor people recruited to work on the ships - heaven forbid we should sink so low.

So I shall return to my knitting and listening to 'Children of Ash and Elm' a Viking history.  But not before looking up 'Seize the Day' (Carp Diem) music, which I used to listen to years ago..... The closing of Clark's factory for shoes in Bath, then went on to Street, the original factory.  Firing and Rehiring sounds ideal music...



5 comments:

  1. I have missed what the news is on the spring budget statement - no doubt I will later.

    Staying close to home sounds the best plan for saving money at the moment. Not sure I shall be queueing for buckwheat......what is buckwheat.......better find out

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny Sue, obviously you don't go to organic vegetarian/vegan shops. We have cupboardfuls of various seeds here (mostly unlabelled sadly). Not that I have ever used buckwheat more into bulgur wheat, which you add to salady things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that my carer brings my main meal )lumch) and I always have Flahavan's Organic oats and a banana for breakfast I really don't have to think much about food. My carer makes a super salad - I could eat it every day with a jacket potato but she wont let me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably your carer has good reason, perhaps making you prepare different foods. One of the things I miss is my own deep yellow yolk eggs from the bantams.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing the blog so well and I hope you have something new for me to study.
    real money

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!