Saturday, June 10, 2023

10th June 2023

 Women: Strong women, those that fight and those in drama. Yes well I am not sure where I am going with this one.  But it was the sparky Carol Vorderman who started this train of thought.  She lashed out at the corrupt Conservative government we have with fact and figures and called the media to account for not bringing to the public eye the amount of money embezzled out of our countries fund. She is over the top definitely, but the newspapers like to bring her down to her body parts, forgetting she definitely has a brain as well!

The drama female is of course in the series of Borgen, the Danish female prime minister, who if not being charismatic on the screen is wielding her intellect into compromising on all the government policies that need passing.  A  game that of course can be written well in an excellent script but probably does not exist in the powers of government.

The third women I had my attention drawn to this morning was Cecilia Payne (1900 -1979) an astrophysicist who made the discovery of what the Universe is made of, though sadly another scientist took the credit four years later and her work went unrecognised until it was rescued.

Somehow I am glad that Cecilia Payne just went on working and discovering, she even managed marriage and three children in her busy life but there was quite a lot against her.  Being female she was not recognised as a professor at Harvard.  These were the bad old days for women, when, actually, men thought, we had lesser brains then them.  Sweet!

Coffee break.

Edit: I forgot, it only happened last night after all. Boris Johnson resigns from being an MP.

And then Andrew Rawnsley really hammered the nails into the ground.  The whingeing school boy who scuttled away from his crimes.



Who is Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin? | BBC Science Focus Magazine

15 comments:

  1. B.J. and Trump seem inextricably linked in my mind. Not Churchill and B.J. though, despite what he would like us to think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One down, though I am sure he will try to rise again following in the footsteps of Trump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What amazes me is that even if Trump is found guilty, he can still run for president.

      Delete
    2. Right now, the 'Ultra MAGAs', as they like to call themselves are declaring that to 'take their country back' they need to kill the liberals. They are talking about burning people alive, dragging us behind trucks. These are the people who support tRUMP. It's insanity, and it is sickening, but their chat rooms are abuzz with talk like this. Most Americans do not support tRUMP, but the ones that do are frightening.

      Delete
  3. There is no sense to it only people hanging on by the tips of their fingers. Greed and corruption are rife, it is almost as if we had become lawless societies, America and Britain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I graduated from High School in 1975. I had the highest SAT score in my school, something that surprised me. But my father discouraged college loudly and with great temper. It was a waste of money to educate a woman. She would just stay home with her children. 1975! My fault was believing him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it is the old nature versus nurture, that comes into play. Your father reflected the values of the society he lived in. Your brightness was sacrificed to a system that was unjust. Unfair but we can't go back.

      Delete
  5. There are so many brilliant women in history who are only just now getting credit for the work they have done. So many stories of how men took credit when a woman had done all the work! Math, Science, Space exploration...
    It's amazing how much we didn't know was being accomplished by women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose they just got on with the job and did not kick back Ellen. In actual fact it is a partnership that has been neglected over the years, just so men can be dominant. I am not a raving feminist after that remark I may add;)

      Delete
  6. I sort of like BJ and am sorry he resigned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is like a plump teddy bear Joanne but sadly his lying is not acceptable.

      Delete
    2. I held him in the same esteem as Donald Trump. I guess I don't see 'teddy bear' in either of them. Big bloviated egomaniacs.

      Delete
    3. I was trying to be polite Debby, the words that go through my mind on trying to describe these two villains would be too strong for my blog! See Andrew Rawnsley for instance.

      Delete
  7. Changes and changes and finally the female gender is getting recognition and freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It takes a long time Tabor and there are still parts of the world where medieval practices still exist as far as women are concerned.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!