Sunday, December 31, 2023

31st December 2023 - Good bye to the year


๐™’๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™Ž๐™๐™–๐™ค๐™ฆ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ’๐™จ ๐™ข๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜๐™ช๐™ก๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™š๐™จ.

Soon we will enter a new year with the world in a turmoil.  Listening to the religious radio this morning and the emphasis is on hope.  Never give up for a better world, something I agree with.  Less of me more of us is I think the mantra. Such words as compassion and kindness to each other.

Well the skies have really opened up, the continuous drizzle of rain, whether it is heavy or light greets the opening of the door each morning.  But yesterday I came face to face with a little wren on the fence, we were both astonished by the meeting, I left the bread on the windowsill for him, though I know the little wren would much prefer some tiny insect.  Also every morning I hear a small single dawn chorus from what I think is a blackbird.  Innocence has hope.

“Gส€แด‡แด‡ษด Cส€แด€ษดแด‡ แด€ษดแด… Wษชsแด›แด‡ส€ษชแด€”
Kแดษดแด Bแด€ษชส€แด‡ษช

The Aga man made an unexpected call yesterday, we are so grateful to him, it was dust in the ignition light.  Apparently gas has dust in it. So now we have warmth in the kitchen and the simple pleasure of cooking on a stove that is somewhat rigid in its temperature controls.  

It reminded me of something that has been bothering my mind for a few days, 'magic dust and polar bears' I just couldn't remember the author, then like a streak of lightening it came - Phillip Pullman and His Dark Materials.  A story line that never quite made it to famous but I always loved the idea of companion soul animals.

So I wish everyone a Good New Year, may some of the strife that is happening at the moment be ended in a peaceful manner.


Tanigami Konan, Peonies

Art is one of the better things of mankind, we strive to create beauty, whether in painting, writing or music, we are blessed with such skills around us.

2 comments:

Love having comments!