Friday, April 26, 2024

26th April 2024

 I did a silly thing yesterday, deleted (by accident) my links on the side bar.  But there is always a silver lining to be had when you make foolish moves.  I found extra Paul's blogs.  His most important one being the Megalithic Poems one.  He collected them over the years on The Modern Antiquarian, though I see the idea has happened elsewhere, or at least they have copied the idea but that is good, it puts the poems out into the world.

So over time I shall remember the names that used to be on the side and trace them, I have already started and it is a very enjoyable journey.  Over the weekend I do my weaving course in willow basketry at the aptly named Willow Cafe.

8 comments:

  1. I stopped listing all the links on a sidebar when I was forced to redesign the blog. I don't know wether it did any damage other than make me look selfish. I would like to read some of those poems though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link is at the side Tom, also there is a link to 'Avebury Matters' another interesting blog by someone. It has a copied facsimile of William Stukeley's Abury if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably a good thing to revise the sidebar links from time to time. I found mine getting unmanageably long and removed the ones that no longer seemed active.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble is I don't have the list to pick and choose, only a bad memory to fall back on. Still it is an exercise in the useful culling of redundant blogs Tasker.

      Delete
  4. I should housekeep my blog. It's been years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is springtime Joanne, sweeping the cobwebs clear.

      Delete
  5. Ugh. I, too, am not a technical sort. The last time that I tried to make a change to my blog layout, I ended up with quite a mess. Overlapping blog posts and side bar. Not sure how I did it. Couldn't tell you how I finally undid it. I can tell you that it is made me very wary about changing up anything on my blog. I got Tasker changed without too much drama. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well even Andrew, the complete computer expert in our household, sometimes can't work it out. But today, after a power cut, my computer and other things would not work. So my daughter, in the way we have been taught, just switched off the router, left it a couple of minutes, and then switched on and everything appeared like magic.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!