Thursday, October 24, 2024

Weaver of Grass

 let you know that there will be a Celebration of the Life of Pat Thistlethwaite (Weaver of Grass) in Leyburn this Thursday afternoon (2pm). It's at The Garden Rooms at Tennants. I can't make it myself.


Well today is rather a special day, a Memorial, or better still a Celebration of Weaver's life.  I cannot make it down to Leyburn but I shall be there in spirit at least.  Pat faced life with a lovely energy and time for everyone in blogland, she amassed many followers.  Followers who listened to her wise words about her life.  Her life with The Farmer, wandering over the fields and finding the wild flowers together.  She faced death stoically and said her last words to all of us with kindness and I think cheerfulness.  She was the example we should all be.

When I think of her, I wished I could have visited her, I know she loved the restaurant at Tennants Auction Rooms, being dined by close friends and her new red leather jacket to wear.  But I never did.  I visualised the journey Paul and I would have made, it would have been from Normanby in North Yorkshire, we would  arrive at Sutton Bank, the sharp cliff that falls down to Gormire Lake, where once a knight rode his horse over the cliff.  Down the steep road we would go to Thirsk.  

We only went to this town a couple of times, and that for visiting a bank.  I remember it had a cute little patchwork shop there.  I still have the print of Sutton Bank on the wall, for it was here that we stopped to feed a new acquisition to the household, dear old Lucy our spaniel from The Dog's Trust.  She had one of the two halves of sandwich and we shared the other between us.

Weirdly today, as I thumbed through my tablet I managed to find Weaver's blog, but I still get denied on this computer, so I don't know what is happening there.

So to all Weaver's friends in blogland and elsewhere let us to raise our glasses (of whatever) to a wonderful person who lived with such grace.



1 comment:

  1. I think a lot of us will be there in spirit. She bought a lot of common sense and good humour to Blogland and is sadly missed.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!