Thursday, December 6, 2018

This and that

This stature depicts politicians discussing global warming, not sure where it is.
Paul said we are balancing on the edge of a precipice last night, as the terminal awful news spat out their findings on the latest from parliament.  So I went to sleep thinking of ravenous hordes and no food ;) yes I have a very vivid imagination!  I listened to David Lammy's speech this morning in The New European, and thought to myself, a fine speech on the Remain argument but looking at the barely dozen politicians sprawled on the green leather seats, listening half-heartedly to him (even on their phones) I realised there is no hope for this country.
So music, art and stories will occupy my world and of course the coming festival of light called Xmas.  I can hear the soft swish of tyres on wet roads outside, the weather is very dismal for this time
of year. We could do with some snow.
 
or
 a summerhouse to enjoy summer

Maybe a trip to see Silbury Hill
Or a wander amongst trees



Sweet williams to remember a welsh terrier that left this Earth two days ago, my favourite flower.

4 comments:

  1. Gloom and doom. I all seems to be that and only that. We are all feeling a bit helpless, but I will not give up hope, and that summer house is really, really, really inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very pretty the summerhouse, there were several in the long garden we visited and I was envious ;). Funnily enough, if I still had children around, they would take it over as their home! The weather is very gloomy here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For about five minutes the sun came out here Thelma. It has gone again now so hope it has come over your way.
    Love the sweet williams - do hope you have sent a link to John - he will be so touched that you thought of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think John has enough people to be by his side, though the loss of William must have struck hard. But I do feel for him with his problems.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!