Thursday, March 21, 2019

Thursday 21st March

Another lovely sunny day, the 'green man' turned up, Simon is his name, with 15 foxglove plants, slightly the bit worse for wear (the foxgloves that is) so I have spent an hour or so putting them in, hope they flower this year.  Then Nigel turned up bearing a book which his wife thought I might like to read which was kind.  Vicky had read all my Rickman books, and I am giving them away to the church for their booksale, though I notice Boveybelle is keeping hers...

I meant to plant potatoes  but with all the interruptions decided I was too tired to dig trenches, at least I managed to get rid of my last bag of potatoes to Nigel, three bags I had bought of earlies but not enough space to plant them in.

Putting the foxgloves in the yellow brimstone went back and forth over the wall and there were bees in the tiny violets in the church yard.  Gardening is such a delight but like many people at this time of year, I think of spring cleaning.

First up, the dolls house I never completed should really go to a new home but I am not sure where to advertise it, and then there is of course the Georgian house, should I keep it for great grandchildren, Lilly is growing up fast or should that go as well.

photos to follow eventually.... 

4 comments:

  1. My little doll house made by my dad needs great repair and I am afraid it will never get done...I just want a good home for it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That of course is the problem, giving it away, we worry about the fate of such loved toys.

      Delete
  2. I always fancied buying myself a dolls house and furnishing it as a hobby but never got round to it. Now I have left it too late as I have absolutely nowhere to store it and also I got rid of all my sewing stuff and all my odds and ends of material etc. when I moved. As my hand is too shaky to thread a needle I dont think I could manage it. I could buy one for my Great Grand daughter but her parents at present are insisting on non-gender specific toys!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh when did we all get so gender knowledgable? I got lost months ago, and on closer thought, males and females and everyone in between has to live in a house/flat etc. Must admit though dolls houses are a bit static though for play.

      Delete

Love having comments!