Sunday, April 5, 2020

Sunday 5th April




Have just been for a walk with Lucy, and startled the heron who was in the field the other side of the river.  Well life is not so solitary, yesterday a cockerel and hen invaded the garden, they belong to Nelson I am sure as his hens are often to be found wandering the verge side.  The cockerel I managed to get through the gate yesterday but the hen sits glumly behind the oil tank this morning.

Tried to watch 'Independence Day' yesterday, but a disaster movie was too much!  And as an aside, just checked, and the Labrador dog Boomer survives. The American film industry does a good style in apocalyptic movies, just not the right mood film for the moment unfortunately. Perhaps 'Little Women' would have been a better offering.

Later of course!

Photos I can't resist, Lillie in her younger days.  Have worked in the garden and weeded, no seeds anywhere but I have found nasturtiums to plant, got the stray hen boxed in and with a lot of wing flapping managed to get her over the fence, peace now reigns in the garden but not in the house as Radio2 chatters its rhythms out.  It may not be a joyous time, but aren't people wonderful, and I do truly think for all those 'key' workers, remember to vote for extra wages for them next time around.





6 comments:

  1. Thelma - those two cartoons have cheered me up on end. Brilliant both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where oh where oh where did pretty little Lillie find such unbelievable shades?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think they are 3D for the cinema, as always been going through my photos, she was always dressing up when she was young.

      Delete
  3. Love that last meme, hilarious!

    I don't think I could watch an apocalypse moving at any time let alone now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a a terrible sense of humour but these little gems keep marching by on F/B.

      Delete

Love having comments!