Sunday, June 21, 2020

Affirmation - Shaking the Tree




Today I have been low but thanks to Jill Chandler this music cheered me up.  The Circle of Life from The Lion King. 

Which led me to Youssou, who I haven't listened to for years.  The Red Clay  of the song is echoed in the photo of the road in Ghana Ephraim must have taken.   
 




But then another songs floods into my conscious, a young Peter Gabriel singing with Youssou - Shaking the Tree.  Perhaps that is what is happening now ;)



  

6 comments:

  1. I have just played it three times Thelma - the rhythm, the beat, the sheer exhuberance and the sheer joy in it. Uplifting is an understatement. I too had been feeling low. One can't help but feel uplifted. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music or flowers for shaking away the feeling that nothing will ever be the same. But then moods swing like the pendulum of an old grandfather clock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good songs to share today, Thelma. I think you are right and that we need to "shake the tree"! I love the phrase, "...dreaming of a better life". Hope we see this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes 'shakin the tree' has always seemed a good expression. There is definitely a big shake-up going on now in many directions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful to see people singing so full out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am intrigued by the way people get together online and sing together, times do change.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!