Sunday, June 14, 2020

Things collected along the way

As I clear out the words and sayings in my 'photos' on the computer there is some I keep.  Carl Sagan is one, dead long ago but his words drift down through the years.  Arundhati Roy is another. Messages of hope, the march of the drum maybe extolling us to do better.The things that make you laugh for another time.
  
Yorkshire Tea defence of Black Lives Matter.

“Please don’t buy our tea again. We’re taking some time to educate ourselves and plan proper action before we post. We stand against racism

Carl Sagan. Is it happening?

You have to believe in better things and not be cynical

The cat just debating whether he is there or not..


 A virtual artist friend has just put one of her posters on Facebook to cheer people up after the troubles in London yesterday, the far right can surely show the worst of human nature.  Jane Tomlinson paints almost non-stop, and is probably the only person who has painted the 'Shipping Forecast' coast line.
And probably the only thing that has cheered me up today!





7 comments:

  1. Your post today and a pep talk from my son on the phone are the two things that have cheered me up Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling a bit better Pat. That fall yesterday was scary no doubt, but you have plenty of friends and family around you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed your uplifting post. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the map but how come Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore are in Yorkshire? I guess that "eeyore" sounds like the sort of thing a Yorkshireman or Yorkshirewoman might say after "Ee-by-gum" and "gi'oer".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well spotted. Jane married a Yorkshire man called Moth so I don't know why. Perhaps she was filling up corners, I have one of her prints, of the prehistoric round Avebury, etc and she has an ox drawing a waggon and I have never been able to work that one out either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 'Ministry of Silly Walks' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCLp7zodUiI

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!