Friday, June 5, 2020

Friday 5th June - rain has fallen

We're playing 8 records chosen as favourite pieces of music as featured in 'Desert Island Discs' on Going Gently blog and Radio 4 today.  I have never got to the eight I would choose, but two so far would be from my favourite classical to John Peel's favourite 'Teenage Kicks'.  John  Peel the background music from the 60s  on radio 1, I can still here his voice.  The classical is Mozart's Clarinet music, it swoops and glides with such intensity.  Perhaps Schubert's 'The Trout' as well, I love the images of sparkling water dancing in the sunlight, it reminds me of childhood and a Welsh farm and tickling for trout.

On F/B the black image has appeared again and again, a call for the racism and hate to stop.  We all pay lip service to it, that of course is not right we do not all there are some ready to hurt black people and bring them down and we have witnessed such an act recently.  Technology brings us the music I am playing at the moment but it was a phone that brought  those harrowing 8 minutes and 46 seconds a man died at the brutal treatment of a police officer.  It was noted all round the world, another nail in the coffin of the human race.  Anger is riding a wave, will things be different though amongst all the other woes of the world.  The BBC showed the memorial service on its news last night, the whole time of the act.  It gave you pause to think, to wander round the faces of those who were grieving, there was pride and anguish, as there always is when a family has to face the death of a loved one.  It should never have happened but it has sparked a wave of knowledge and sympathy and we should be glad of that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on Mozart's clarinet. I played it constantly when I was cooking Sunday roasts for friends in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat Mozart or Emma Kirkby.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!