Saturday, January 16, 2021

Saturday 16th January




No getting on my high horse today, a gentle canter only. Yesterday I took the plunge and ordered my Iphone.  First of all I got in touch with my internet provider, just down the road, which is housed in an old manor house, they look a friendly bunch of people.

Light covering of snow

Well Selwyn said yes I could use my new phone in the village with ease and asked why I wanted to know.  Explained complete ignorance about reception and not having my youngest grandchild to hand to explain things.  So it comes on Monday, someone in the village has offered to set it up, but I am just grateful to keep my old number.  The breaking point came yesterday morning, a crappy line, wandering from window to window and then outside for a conversation with my daughter.



Filled in birthdays on the calendar, and noticed that yesterday was Leo's birthday, so how to get a card to him.  Jacquie Lawson helped though I know most people I know don't welcome her cards - but it is  the thought that counts. Anyway I got a nice photo back of him doing a thumbs up, so one little heart was pleased.



12 comments:

  1. Pleased to see you have had a bit of picturesque snow though nothing like as much as we have - going very fast this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going here as well, don't like the wet though Pat.

      Delete
  2. I am amazed that you can just stroll down the road to your Internet Provider and just knock on the door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easier to get in the car to Brawby, but using local companies gives you good service and supports the community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the new phone. It took us a while to get used to ours but now we love them! I still don't use half of the things it can do but what I do use is a breeze. Should have changed years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a bit annoyed with Jackie Lawson cards so stopped opening them. There are two in my email inbox about 4 years old. I wonder what would happen if I opened them now. Would it puzzle the sender with a notification? A mischievous thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well which one of us is being childish I wonder. But they are useful in this lockdown, when you can't just dash off to the shop or post office.

      Delete
  6. Have you tried Google Duo? I have it on this tablet and you just dial people up for video chats via the internet. And you don't pay, like you do with the phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not sure about video calls, whether you have to have a microphone etc. Haven't 'zoomed' yet, another box of tricks to work out.

      Delete
  7. The jackdaw's home. there are holes in the trunk where they nest every year Joanne.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!