Thursday, January 7, 2021

Thursday 7th January 2021

Surreal is not the word, my thoughts and good wishes to America through this tumultuous time.

And something my son sent me this morning, in 'classic' mode for him, "I know it is your birthday around this time of year but I don't remember the exact date. So happy birthday - whether early or belated!"

It is soft, slow music the type he remembered me playing on my records (do you remember them?) when he was young, so let me introduce you to the Norwegian  'Last Spring by Bugge Wesseltoft & Henning Kraggerud'

Listen to its slow pace and forget the news hysteria, which has toppled  the virus and Brexit from the headlines, nothing lasts....



8 comments:

  1. I'd be tempted to retaliate by sending him a card on the wrong date. The trouble is he would probably put it down to something else and start angling for one of those medical assessments where they ask you to read out an address then ask if you can still remember it ten minutes later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well sadly enough I am so pleased he remembered the month that I forgive him.....

      Delete
  2. I'm just having a listen! I was reminded of Bub Powell playing Polka Dots and Moonbeams.

    https://youtu.be/_9P71Ggco94

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In his teenage years he collected jazz records. One year when I worked on an archaeological dig, I used the money to buy a Bang and Olfusen media centre. My pride and glory, he took it into the Bath shop for something and they offered him a new record player for it. It had become a collectible item!

      Delete
  3. I think the hole world is going mad. I hope the next administration can clear up the mess in time. My mother's birthday was the only one I remembered. I still remember it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birthdays are difficult to remember, the easiest way of course is to update your calendar each year.

      Delete
  4. I could use some soft, slow music - yesterday was beyond wild here in the US. 13 days of Trump left? - I think he should leave now. We definitely do not need him at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end it is all water under the bridge. Read quite a good article this morning, on voter fraud but then there are so many words out there, who do you believe?

      Delete

Love having comments!