Saturday, January 30, 2021

Saturday, 30th January

Well I have had my first vaccination, but managed to almost miss it.  Thought it was at Kirkbymoorside surgery but no it was at Pickering Surgery.  So a fast drive to Lidls'  and then having to find the surgery on the right the receptionist had said, and I joined the queue.  Yes when I get my second vaccination the first thing I will do is have my hearing and eyesight checked.  Desperately need more glasses.

Actually did not feel too well last night, I think side effects from the jab moved in, a cup of tea and some paracetamol this morning half helped it but sleeping a bit longer also helped.

I had planned on doing some shopping in Kirkby but of course didn't, so I shall have to eke out my milk to Monday, whenn I get a delivery of stuff.  I notice that several things are going on 'maximum allowed'. Only one bag of flour, pasta, same of peppers, tomatoes and there seems a dearth of fruit.

I notice in all these Trussell food banks, there is a basic delivery of pasta, tomato sauce, tinned soup and then breakfast things but I wonder how much fruit is given, so much depends on the kind acts of other shops giving away their fruit and vegetables.  Debby has tackled the problem in her part of the world by talking about prepared, ready to cook food for casseroles.  It made me realise that I could give away the two micro-waves which I never use, but they will probably need an electrician to give them the once over.

It is Imbolc or Candlemass on Monday, the 'quickening of the year' when slowly we return to lambing and snowdrops. 


8 comments:

  1. I've sometimes thought of buying us a second microwave for when we both have a microwave meal.

    The last microwave we had lasted over 30 years. The plastic case started to go yellow but it worked fine. It got so old though that I wondered how electrically safe it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble with excessive kitchen gadgetry they take up too much room. I only heat gravy in mine when the stove is full. Not greedy owning two by the way, one was at the cottage in Whitby so is spare.

      Delete
  2. I noticed that 'maximum allowed' appeared against my bananas on my Tesco order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose if you visited several supermarkets you could get everything, but having to stick with one and you have to abide by the rules.

      Delete
  3. I had the first shot two, and spent two days in pain. I should have an asprin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't take aspirin Joanne allergic. But yes it was almost like having flu with aches and pain but it has gone now thank goodness.

      Delete
  4. It will be a while before I can get a shot, I'm afraid, but when it is my turn, I'll willingly have it. In the meantime, we can only look out for one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go for it Debby, we need to get the world working again!

      Delete

Love having comments!