Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Wednesday 20th January 2021

 On this Day; Trump leaves the White House, whether to create more mayhem elsewhere I don't know.  I shall leave it to Tom Degan to ear splittingly vent his last anger, and maybe Tom Stephenson.  But for now the rains beat down, there is flooding on the road outside and I can't fit my sim card into the new phone!

River levels have just missed by a few centimetres topping the four metre figure, and it says the water is falling slightly.  When I look outside to the back fields, I can see the river gently lapping the top of the banks, and imagine a great elephant swimming through and the water overflowing, Archimedes' principle of displacement.

It is dark but already there is a car stuck outside the pub, engine drowned maybe? A Bata tanker, they deliver oil and animal feed, and always start work early, drove through the water and then reversed back to see if the driver was alright but he seemed alright and was probably just keeping his eye on the car.  There is just a dip in the road, and then the road rises past the church, those church builders always knew where to build on higher ground.

And so to the Sim card, just slightly bigger than its container in the phone, why is life so difficult? Can I get in touch with anyone to tackle it.................

Well in actual fact there was two cars stuck in the water, both going in different directions, the recovery men have recovered them now!




14 comments:

  1. It rained here all day yesterday but so far today the sky is angry but it is not raining. I am hoping it doesn't because if the beck rises too much my son's unadopted lane does get washed away and some of the houses on it flood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is always a worry for your son, not much rain today but the wind is getting up. Has the latest storm gone through Iwonder.

      Delete
  2. There are even places on Suffolk roads flooded that have never flooded before and we haven't even had as much rain as 'up north'.
    It's just started raining here after 3 days mainly dry - so here we go again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think you needed rain down in East Anglia Sue, but of course heavy downpours are the norm now. The road outside is a 'B' road, so doesn't have that much traffic, unless of course they are doing something to the A64.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is a lot of water. My hike was muddy slippery, but certainly little rain here. Just drizzles every other day. Glad people are staying safe. The Sim card is probably planned obsolescence and you will be needing a new phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it rains in Britain especially in winter it is very heavy Tabor. I am watching the Inauguration of President Bidet at the moment, it is going beautifully.

      Delete
  4. I am looking forward to not talking about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, hopefully he will play golf for the rest of his life and be quiet..

      Delete
  5. Oh, what a mess of flooding! I sank my minivan years ago by driving through a puddle that turned out to be deeper than I thought. My insurance company declared it "totaled" as the engine was ruined. I have a phobia of driving in heavy rain since then.
    Stay safe!
    And, I agree with Tom Stephenson, I will be happy to never hear another word about or from you-know-you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old mini's let water through the floor if I remember rightly. I think we shall have more rain tonight, what you see in the first photo though, are people, 'idiots' as my friend calls them driving through at a fast speed. Noses in the air in their expensive land rovers and four wheel drives.

      Delete
  6. My grandparents used to live on an island with a causeway that would flood twice a day. It was amazing how often people would try to drive across it despite the tide coming in. Salt water and cars are never a good combination. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That story sounds interesting Aril, was it Lindisfarne I wonder. Saw a rescue there not so long ago. There was a supermarket delivery man who had to be rescued from his van during the latest flooding as it was swept away down a ford in Yorkshire somewhere.

      Delete
  7. I love Tom Degan, but seldom comment. Don't want one of those crazies tracking me down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He makes me laugh, slightly over the top I think Joanne.

      Delete

Love having comments!