Sunday, January 31, 2021

Sunday - 31 January 2021

Sunday morning and I listen to radio 3, for its 'sounds' which can be everything from a tropical jungle to bird song early morning.  Today it was shards of ice dripping from the leaves of a tree/shrub, does it matter.  Now I am listening to Maxwell Davies's - Farewell to Stromness, video down below. Gentle and soothing it is Sunday. 

Someone has offered me a video of 'The Dig' this morning, a friend in Cornwall, which is sweet of him.  I am not sure I want to watch it though, my memories of going to Sutton Hoo are part of my past.  Roy has Netflix and has taped it off, haven't heard from him for a long time, but the family are doing fine in Cornwall.

Have been baking this morning, bread of course and a tea bread loaf, which my little flock enjoys, that means bantams and Lucy.  I make it without butter but then thickly buttered when eaten, it goes with coffee.  Lucy watches me making the coffee, and then she knows the moment when the cupboard door is opened and she comes and stands near waiting for her slice.  I miss Lillie my youngest granddaughter making the coffee, from an early age she would stand on a chair and carefully blend the beans and then brush the coffee into the filter.  Now she doesn't have to stand on a chair!

As for my vaccination, I have recovered from a day of aches and pains, but just read somewhere it is worse on the second injection!  But then we read so much on the internet it is difficult to focus.  Europe has rescinded Article 16 against Northern Ireland, which was rather drastic at the time and we can only hope that sharing the vaccine with everyone will be for the future.  Have you read about 'GameStop' takeover by young millennials.  Won't give you the Guardian link but I have just subscribed to the paper as I realise buying papers is so non-U now.






Redditors aren't cheating, they're joining a party Wall Street insiders have been enjoying for years. Don't shut them down...maybe sue them for copyright infringement instead!! We've learned nothing from 2008. Jon Stewart on Twitter account

10 comments:

  1. The Dig is good, I think. I really enjoyed it and Voldemort was very good as the forgotten amateur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the music very much. I thought, "I should learn to play this." I have a piano so I just might. Thank you for a lovely start to my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maxwell Davis music is hard to adjust too, this piece is called 'light' but I just love quiet slow music.

      Delete
  3. Got the sheet music to Farewell to Stromness this week. Much fun though a sharp intake of breath on getting to the section with 5 sharps. (Sight reading isn't my strong point.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds simple enough to play but that is from someone who can't play an instrument. Listening to Spiegel in Spiegel at the moment, again a gentle piece of music.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful music. I’m not familiar with Peter Maxwell Davies and look forward to exploring his work. Thank you for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He lived in the Orkneys on Sanday Island and composed music furiously but he definitely isn't everyone's cup of tea.

      Delete
  5. I watched the dig this week; the 29th, when it "dropped" on Netflix. I liked it very much; the amateur given long due recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I shall try to watch it Joanne if I get the card with it on.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!