Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Wednesday 10th February - doesn't time fly in lockdown?

 It is cold but beautiful, a double edged sword. Tried to coax Lucy out into the garden but she stood at the door reluctant, 'I had a pee at six' she reminds me, don't need another one.

The news rolls out.  Yes I am pleased about the impeachment, though it probably won't go anywhere.  The film about the breach of the Capitol was horrific. Four plain clothed men with guns barricaded the inner door against the mob of stupidity as people crouched on the floor inside, a complete failure as a coup, but where did Trump think he was going?

Then there is of course the ten year imprisonment against all those Pinocchio's people who will insist on telling lies when they arrive back in this country. Not exactly the equivalence of the 'naughty step' but don't worry when threats are waved about, THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO SCARE YOU.  Luckily Cummings got out when he could before the law caught up with him.  As no doubt many others will.

I should be a good blogger and go and snap the snowdrops in the church yard, which I can see from the window, they cluster under the old multi-stemmed hawthorn.  This church yard is rather barren of wild flowers, Rod the gardener sees to that but I can hardly raise my voice in protest he is such a nice person.  But I look forward to the tiny violets that will appear by the coke house which appear to have survived the machinations of the mower.

I have breached the instruction book of my 'Steam Pocket Mop' and the kitchen floor is looking cleaner. And it was so easy as well, all I have to do now is master the 'klik n' flip', which translated means I can change the mop head.


18 comments:

  1. What kind of floor have you in your kitchen that you can clean with a steam pocket mop please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's vinyl I think Pat. It gets very dirty with Lucy in and out all the time. It has three settings the machine, will do tiles, marble and hard floors. Easy to push back and forward.

      Delete
  2. I can't imagine why anyone would want to visit a red zone in any case. Did you hear of the journalist who flew from South Africa to Heathrow and entered without seeing anyone who could check her medical papers? She went looking for them but couldn't find them. Nothing has changed since last year, except they really need the £10,000 fines now. 10 years in prison would be too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Tom I heard that story. Sort of typical of how it has always been through the pandemic though, a 'complete state of unreadiness'. Not sure they have even consulted with the hotels either yet.

      Delete
  3. I really hate having to work out how to use new machines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think it is a good thing we have Youtube Sue, watched a video on how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate new stuff but when it works, that is a fine reward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had real problems with my new hoover 6 months ago, so I took it to our electrical shop and asked them how to do things!

      Delete
  6. You are correct about YouTube, Thelma, - so many good tutorials on how do fix, make, use, prepare, cook, paint, etc., etc. etc.! I go there first when I have a question these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a very good source of information Ellen, trouble is you can spend too much time on it.

      Delete
  7. Yes surprisingly lockdown does seem to be speeding by. Not long to March then I worry I'm wishing my life away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the older you get the quicker time flies by apparently, or so I read the other day.

      Delete
  8. Our cat refuses to go out in the snow. Left us a little pile on the hearth rug the other day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy has been known to have a forgetful moment but only in the kitchen thank goodness.

      Delete
  9. Thanks THELMA. Sadly my floor is laminat wood so no good for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough it doesn't use much water, the steam process is for hard to remove stains. But there is such a lot on the market now I am sure you can find something.

      Delete
  10. Wish our impeachment a miracle, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just watched the new video of the breaching of the Capitol. The police were caught between a rock and a hard place by the look of it. The tempers of the protestors would have scared me. I can only hope that shutting down that man's voice, whether it be Twitter or the media is the only way of getting rid of him.

      Delete

Love having comments!