Monday, February 8, 2021

8th February 2021





My son and friend's walk to Victoria Park from Weston Village, via Weston Park in the snow.  An album came yesterday.  Mark has worked from home since the pandemic arrived.  He seems to be quite happy with the solitariness, which I do not find surprising.  The village of Weston sits on the shoulder of the Lansdown and when I lived there explored its byways but never took many photos. Here is a blog on village life.

Snow lays lightly on the lawn, it is not as cold as expected though the sharp bitter East wind greets you when I go outside. The wind is roaring through the copse, I have put apple and bread out for the birds.  Also one of my bantams has laid an egg in anticipation of spring I wonder? Okay hens are silly creatures but the day is getting longer.


Weston Village

 
Victoria Park



I remember looking at a house along here

Weston Park.  

  And here is one of my long pottering histories of the area round Weston...

10 comments:

  1. At the moment we seem to be missing the worst up here although it is snowing as I write this. A moment ago the sun was out. Your pictures with the blue sky are pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, though it has snowed on and off all morning Pat, but not really laying for long, but every now and then sunshine. ;)

      Delete
  2. This must be from the last snows, whenever they were - a week or so ago? There is no snow here right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think so Tom but it was good to see Weston Park again.

      Delete
  3. How nice the light coating of snow looks...now, let's get on with spring, okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is good that it is a light covering of snow Debby!

      Delete
  4. Your Langridge barrow photo looks interesting. Bumps in the ground are intriguing. There are all sorts of undulations in one or two fields round here that always get me wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always find out by going to 'Pastscape' or 'Old maps'. Reading the landscape is a fascinating hobby!

      Delete
  5. your weather looks similar to ours. Although we are getting a few more inches tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We haven't had such cold weather for a few years so it is welcome by some but not others. The South seems to be getting the worst.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!