Saturday, September 4, 2021

4th September 2021

 What do you listen to in the middle of the night?  First I switched on philosophy in my podcasts and got an American duo telling me about subjectivity and objectivity dropping from the lips of Simone de Beauvoir.  The one things I admire about American writers and talkers is their clear analytical minds, so I quite enjoyed the subject though at the end my mind wondered if I had learnt anything.  The next thing I listened to was which is the better way of washing up? Dishwasher versus  washing by hand.  Such nitty gritty in the middle of the night - love it.  You will be pleased to learn that the dishwasher won on account of less usage of power and water.  Paul and I did have a dishwasher but very rarely used it as we both enjoyed each others company washing up.

More often or not I go on a virtual dog walk with 'Max in the Lake District'.  Three beautiful springer spaniels,  Max himself is getting old and plods behind but is the pride and joy of his owner.  For a few years back he helped him recover from an illness.  The walks are glorious and normally free of people for he starts early in the morning.

I am alone for tonight, though just received the news from my daughter that there is someone going round attacking women the last week or so.  Something that happens in towns but not out in the sticks. So with my trusty hound Teddy, who is howling his head off at the moment because he hates people leaving the house, which his mistress has just done, we face the night alone;)


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. Lillie went to self defence class last week, so its knee, elbow and the place to concuss someone I have learnt, notwithstanding the loudest scream you can muster ;). Glad she has done it, but my daughter's greatest worry is the two in London, especially Matilda.

      Delete
  2. With a dishwasher you don't get to stand and reflect with your hands in nice warm soapy water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, especially the birds feeding in the morning and the radio as well.

      Delete
  3. I usually listen to an audiobook if I cannot sleep. Wind in the Willows was the last. The World Service is too depressing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My audio books are normally crime fiction that can go on for 8 to 9 hours, meaning of course I fall asleep and then have to go back. Wind in the Willows will go on my wish list though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I can't sleep, I come downstairs to read (so as not to wake Keith if I have the light on). Computer's in the kitchenso I can't listen to anything on there for fearof waking Tam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First thing that springs to mind, does Tam sleep in the kitchen? ;) But yes I know the creeping around bit in the middle of the night trying not to wake people.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!