Saturday, September 11, 2021

Missing familiar faces - Lucy and Green Eyes



Lucy;  You would think butter would not melt in her mouth.  You would be so wrong, when she had a psychotic moment I would be up all night with her.  Most rescue dogs have a story in their background as to what pushed them so far, hers was being locked up in a shed every night with two male spaniels.  But she was pretty and loving, and when she arrived in the household we made a vow to keep her forever.  I miss her every day.




Can you see her?

Chasing the sun on her mat, it gave Lucy a good three way visual of the comings and goings of the household.










The next creature is my little black and white feral cat, Green Eyes, who arrived in the garden and fell in love with my two bantams.  She would peer over the church wall and then moved in permanently into the garden, only coming into the house after Lucy had gone.

Today the 'Princess' or Matilda is coming, and there is a great hustle and bustle in the household getting it into shape.  Large spider - in bedroom - is not helping.

 

8 comments:

  1. Lucy was a beautiful dog and a lucky one to be re homed with you. Hope green eyes is well and little less feral. We still have two dogs which are a constant delight and never forget the ones who are no longer with us. Problem now is knowing when to stop having rescues (ex breeding females in my case) as one gets older. I need to see them out!!! Janx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green Eyes went to a smallholding, so hopefully she has settled with two more cats, she was very nervous though. Lucy was 8 when we got her, and if I could have another dog would take an older dog Jan. There is freedom though in not owning animals as I have done all my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have called 'Green Eyes' 'White Paws'. Isn't she lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was a pretty cat and totally reliant on me for food. Her little face at the french windows was the first thing I saw in the morning.

      Delete
  4. I have had dogs for many years and eeach time I lose one vow I shalln't have another as I can't bear to lose them.N ow I can no longer walk I can't replace Tess but it doesn't stop me missing her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs are genetically modified I think to capture the hearts of their owners, it is pure survival mode. We have a symbiotic relationship with them.

      Delete
  5. Animals become such a vital part of our lives. I think most dogs and cats have a longing to be attached to a home and family, although their prior experiences may have made them wary. The partings from pets are so very difficult and we remember even the difficult ones with nostalgic appreciation. I hope someone in your old neighborhood will continue to feed Green Eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She was moved on to a small holding, after a great fight trying to catch her in the house Sharon. Feel guilty about moving her from the village, but no one would feed her. One friend had taken on four kittens in her barn. but I managed to catch three others and get them transported to the vets for being neutered.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!