Friday, December 31, 2021

Happy New Year everyone

 So on the brink of the old year we are about to step into something different??  Well a voice rings out 'be ready to leave at 9.30, today we are going to visit Heptonstall.   Hopefully it is not flooded in Hebden Bridge, the town we must go through. The  flood alarm went off last night.  Perhaps there will be cake and tea as well as grave stones!



Yesterday our handsome male guest, he prefers that name by the way, must give him a little flip of the heart... arrived and cooked  delicious spiced chickpea patties.  Lillie went a scouts walk out of the valley and up to the moors, came back soaking wet but happy with her new walking boots.



I picked two memes which made me smile this morning, the second is the 'aftermath' of the Christmas holiday.  Recycling teeters on top of the washing machine which itself sits on the entrance down to the black hole of Calcutta, or the cellars.  Evacuation of humidifier last night and fingers crossed the pump works if it does flood.

Like birthdays, Christmas days and New Year Eve, it never feels different when the day takes its festival name, only the turn over of the calendar will tell us different.

And to Paul who made me so happy for the last few years, and who always read my blog to see what I was thinking.  It may be another year without you but you are still there deep in my heart.


So Happy New Year everyone - lets keep blogging.


13 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Thelma. Let's hope that the words freedom and spontaneous figure large again.

    Liked the Dave comment. All we have in the name of leftovers now are forgotten chocolates and two bottles of overlooked white wine. Oh and a bonus bottle of Prosecco delivered to us in error - thought Tam had been generous with the ordering!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I opened the fridge this morning there was this solitary chocolate sitting there, last remnant of two tins ;)
    Happy New Year Jennie and family. Funnily enough yesterday I was flitting through 2013 year of blogs, and came across Em a lot. Must put up her Magpie print and then she also drew an excellent Moss for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. - I think everyone will feel the same.have a few left overs but can't face them now the Season is more or less over. I have not celebrated New Year since my farmer went - can't face it without him. I shall not be sorry to say goodbye to 2021 Let's hope for a better 2022.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be any better but don't worry Pat, enjoy the wide expanse of life. We pick everything off the chicken carcase then make it to a creamy cheese/mustard dish which everyone loves.

      Delete
  4. I have never been so confused about what day it is and the holidays are not over yet. Sending you good wishes for 2022, surely things will get better, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep your finger's crossed As for what day it is complete blank mind, except when I listen to the radio, who always keep to strict schedule.

      Delete
  5. Yes, lets blog on. John Gray wrote, "I'm starting the year as if I mean to go on." That really struck me. Yes. A good way to start the year. I haven't had time to do a lot of commenting, but I enjoy your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you too, Thelma! Wishing you a year of good health and fun adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the same to you Ellen, already had a big adventure today when we left the valley and drove over the moors to Saltaire Mill.

      Delete
  7. I will second your call to keep blogging. Yours is one I enjoy nearly every day. I hope you new year is a healthy and happy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging is like writing a public diary. Of course you cannot write everything but I think in the long run that is a help. Happy New year to you as well.

      Delete
  8. And the same to you and your family, may the sun shine!

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!