Tuesday, May 17, 2022

17th May 2022 -

 I'm off for my annual MOT, or blood test.  Don't like it, reminds me of Tony Hancock's famous line when he had to give a pint of blood.  A pint, a pint ? that's a whole armful!

Then this afternoon being picked up by my granddaughter and a train trip to Manchester to see my eldest grandson Tom and his beloved.  We are all going out for a meal, Indian curry I think.  Did I ever say that life terrifies me? getting lost on trains, in towns, not being able to find people you are supposed to meet. 

The doctors will be a new experience, yes I only go once a year. so you can be sure my blood pressure will be up, it is normally third time lucky as it goes down and then they stop checking it.  I mean, here I am, still alive, so there can't be anything wrong with me. Can there ;)

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your annual test. Hope all news is good news! I have the same issue with my blood pressure. I get nervous when they test it so it is always high at first. Settles down once I am home and calm again.
    Nice you have a trip with grandkids and a dinner together. A real treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you, over and done with in about 10 minutes. Will have the results of the blood test in a week.

      Delete
  2. I got lost in M&S today!!!Enjoy your meal.Grandchildren are special.
    Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually after walking around M&S I can understand why you got lost, the one adjacent to the Arndale is enormous, clothes all over the place.

      Delete
  3. Hope you enjoyed relaxing with the grandkids after your "donation". I hate driving in strange towns and have to take Keith to Worcester next week. I know the route until we arrive! Plenty of time to panic in advance - I shall have to have an on-line recce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manchester does not have many cars in town it is mostly the Metro trams you have to cross in front of, they have horns like ship horns that warn you. A sat nav always comes in handy, guiding you through traffic jams, etc.

      Delete
  4. My blood presure is different depending upon which arm it is done on. I used to worry about it until the sister who took it said hers was the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is almost as funny as Hancock's worry of an armful. But I suppose it is the left/right hand part of our body working differently.

      Delete
  5. The best part will be visiting with the grands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joanne, I always feel sad when I see Tom depart but they are all have their own lives to live now.

      Delete

Love having comments!