Wednesday, May 25, 2022

25th May 2022

 Amelia the nurse phone me yesterday with the result of my blood test.  All is well and functioning, most of me passed my MOT, except for one small bump.  My cholestrol is a bit high she said.  My love affair with butter must come to an end I have decided.  Not that I am giving it up, just reducing my intake.  Would you want to take statins she said, no way said I, diet will have to be the method.  The only pills I take are for blood pressure, and that was fine and normal she checked.  Well I am at last in the hands of the NHS, it has been rather worrying when you change districts, as to how much of your information travels with you but having entered the computer database - I am recorded;)

When I told my granddaughter she said good granny now you will get your 100 years achieved telegram from the Queen.  No way said I, no intention of living into very old age, hopefully the plug will be pulled quietly somewhere in the next few years.

Actually I am more likely to die of stress, waiting for the above call with my mobile switched on to catch it, and not losing it in  the time consuming performance of finger press of recognition always reduces me to a tizzy of fury at mobile phones.

I think New York is celebrating the ending of public call booths as well, theyll be sorry when the internet gets trashed ;)


8 comments:

  1. I feel the same Thelma - no way do I wish to live to be a hundred - ninety is bad enough when you can't walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you must keep going for a few more years Pat. It is a difficult subject but I expect as many people get older their minds turn to a good end. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you do live to be 100 I doubt if you will get a telegram from Elizabeth 11, even if they were still sent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I suppose it will either be Charles or William at the time. Sharp as ever Tom ;)

      Delete
  4. I am happy the medicos are getting better at gathering information in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything works well until the computers crash though Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As my dear Grannie once said to me "I don't think I want to live to be 100, but I expect I might want to when I'm 99!" As it turned out she didn't quite make it, missing the 100 mark by just a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had a sense of humour anyway John, milestones in one's life are not necessarily the end goal!

      Delete

Love having comments!