Tuesday, November 15, 2022

15th November 2022


 

Strikes home that cartoon, as daylight slowly dims, starting at three o clock in the afternoon, we know we are entering the winter months. But it also reminds me that there are marvellous photos coming from space with the new John Webb telescope, the wonders of far away colourful galaxies coming that little bit nearer.

Another photo to remind me of the last weekend is Lillie carrying the flag in her role as a scout this last Remembrance Sunday.  She was a bit upset that they weren't allowed to march through the town but I suppose it was to do with traffic.  She had even sewn on all her badges on the night before, something that used to be my job.


 Life is quiet, my daughter ordered the fortnightly shop for yesterday but forgot the potatoes, one of the reasons we get our groceries from Morrison delivered so I shall walk down to Lidl soon.

9 comments:

  1. Not a lot of marching through towns anymore as the charge for closing the road is silly expensive.
    I noticed it seemed darker extra early yesterday - horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the single band marched through but not the rest of the gathering, one police car stopped part of the traffic but the old fashioned marches are missed Sue.

      Delete
  2. Lillie looks like a catwalk model who has been asked to dress in a scout's uniform for a "Vogue" photo-shoot. If you are going to "Lidl" you'll be able to buy two bags of potatoes for the price of one from from "Morrisons". Don't forget to check out the "Middle at Lidl" - like an Aladdin's cave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will please her so much that compliment Neil. There is a certain rivalry between the two sisters, which is probably a good thing. My furniture has arrived this morning so I need the family to come back from work and college to help sort!

      Delete
  3. Edit: obviously Anon is me Thelma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have snow here today. It is lovely to look at and luckily it is melting on the roads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are not quite ready for snow yet Ellen, mind you not that we ever are. But snow will first appear on the high moors. There is an inn on the highest bit of the moors in North Yorkshire, and people just love getting stuck up there.

      Delete
  5. Your granddaughter is beautiful.

    I really love this time of the year, the quieting. I have always worked, and I feel as if this is the first time in a long time that I could savor it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy retirement Debby, some people love it, you can start new hobbies, study, do anything you want. Quietness is a great place to be.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!