Friday, November 11, 2022

Voices - young craftswoman













First of all my rather messy mantlepiece.  For the coming Xmas season, two Eastern styled candleholders, still waiting for the candles I sent off for.  Two plants of African violets from my son from last year. Dried roses, you must know I miss my roses more than anything from the cottage.  A tiny little candle from my miniaturist days made for me by a friend in Wales.  A reindeer, something I always need for Xmas to remember that when I was a child I am sure I saw Father Xmas riding in the sky!


******************************


Let me introduce you to a young, vibrant Canadian girl  called Jenna  Phipps who is doing what so many do and that is making videos with insert ads to make some money.  So  you can look at the video below but beware, unless you have ad free You tube (be patient and just click x)

She is an amalgam of my two young granddaughters, sassy and eager, and I expect my daughter will take one look at Jenna and say she is on the 'spectrum', still haven't worked that one out yet.

In the video below she upgrades her craft room, her craft last year having encompassed knitting, and she seems to have gone overboard with her wools.  It is her enthusiasm and excitement that shines through.

Last time Matilda left for London she took with her the big glass head that adorned the fireplace in this bedroom.  There is still (she is coming down) Kate Moss print on the wall staring down at me moodily with fag stuck defiantly in her little hand and a plethora of  fashion prints on the wall which will also come down.  The 'glass' plastic chair Lillie is taking for her bedroom and the leopard skin throw on the bed (not real leopard skin) will be taken up eventually to London.

What I enjoyed with Jenna was wandering around thrift shops and Ikea, somewhere I haven't been for years but she is poking me into a thought process of what I would display in this room.


 For Lillie

6 comments:

  1. I love your mantle. I also loved remembering being a child at Christmas, just for a moment. Thank you for that spot in my morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In good old fashioned style Debby you are welcome!

      Delete
  2. Jenna has a busy mind, that's for sure. Improvements made in her eyes but hate that colour green, and the dog picture?! Yeesh - those sort of things irritate me beyond belief. That's just me though.

    Hoping you can do a nice makeove on your room(s).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jennie, her taste is not good, that green reminded me of all those yucky things we have had to clear up through our lives, she has yet to go there. She would probably be hell to live with as well but her enthusiasm sparkled.

      Delete
  3. I watched Jenna all the way through. She's not my type of personality, but she did do a good job on that room. Hope you are inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is definitely a personality in her own right Joanne and I didn't like the things she made, I have seen more than one video. But she is a flash of youth dancing across the screen I think.

      Delete

Love having comments!