Friday, November 4, 2022

4th November 2022

 Whoo!  Richard Branson has declared he will stop turning his air line stewardesses upside down on the wings of his Virgin planes.  He can still do it of course but times have changed (I can already hear 'Times they are a-changing) so he says.  I just love it when a misogynist hits the fan.  It made me remember that it was one of Paul's old friends Ken White from Swindon Art College who did the artwork for the famous Flying Varga girl.

What else?  Elon Musk is sacking quite a lot of people on Twitter, the rumour is that it is the moderators - free rein there then!  He made such a business of buying the platform I suppose he has to make some money from it, being in charge of the loudmouths will go down in history though.

And then we have the comedy of who is going to attend Cop27 this coming weekend.  You know that thing about Climate Change.  Truss wasn't going, neither Sunak, till it was presented to him that it was not a wise move to turn one's back on all the other heads of states who would be attending.  Also I am still furious that King Charles is not allowed to go, an environmentalist of 50 years standing.  Charles is as good an ambassador than anyone is my thought on the subject.

Security; Yesterday I stood in the Post Office and forgot my debit card number, so used  to flashing it over the card reader.  The numbers arrived in my head jumbled, could I have a second go I asked and that time it worked perfectly.  When I got home I thought of having the number tattooed on my inside wrist but then realised I could be carried off by would be muggers.  God what goes through my head.

Know this, if this house goes up in flames, the first thing I will save is my old green journal book that is full of my passwords accumulated over time, then I will grab my wallet with card inside.



11 comments:

  1. Totally agree re Charles attending Cop27. My husband suggests it may be a security decision. Hurrumph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I would have my suspicions about a security decision especially as other bigwigs will be there Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not normally a conspiracy theorist, but I am beginning to believe that Elon Musk is an alien.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's his eyes. David Icke and the reptilian humanoids come to mind - chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine numbers are all in code - easy to use but hard to explain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Saxon words Tasker with a sprinkling of numbers, but the secret is of course not to use the same one too often.

      Delete
  6. Have you heard of the man who has put a programable chip in his wrist? I couldn't believe it. Like many men with more money than they actually know what to do with, Elon Musk has become dangerous. I have no hope of him reining in the conspiracy theorists and the 'big lie' backers when he posts that Paul Pelosi knew his attacker and that this was all staged to make the republicans look bad before the elections. Elon Musk is not going to save us from the nutjobs, because he's one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS: Election Day is Tuesday. I hope that Bob Dylan is right. I hope that the times they ARE a-changing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Debby before I get really scared about a chip in my hand and a few people have done that for opening locks. I shall stop thinking about it. Elon Musk is only one man, and inasmuch that there are really conspiracy theorists out there, we should remember there are also many others who are quite sensible. I think Twitter will not downgrade to a swamp of imagined scenarios, because many people will just leave. Should have found the song 'Look on the Brightside' for you.;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Thelma. I much prefer your round-up of the day's events! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting a bit tired of the politicians Aril, they revolve all the time and it is beginning to make my head dizzy.

      Delete

Love having comments!