Sunday, November 26, 2023

26th November 2o23


I'm off to the outer reaches of Shipley.  I think the family feel I have been neglected somewhat so need an outing. This is written 'tongue in cheek'. What about Mollie you may say, well she will just have to have one night without me.  I shall leave the duvet folded back, for that is where she likes to sleep during the day, Lillie will be here to feed her.  So she can't come to much harm.

It is very cold the little temperature gauge down below says 0 degrees and it feels like that.  Maybe we will get to Salt Mill, though it is a bit of a walk to go there and I can just imagine how cold this enormous building will be.

Below is a photo of Puala Ubin in Singapore, it often flips up on as a screensaver.  Its radiant green and stillness a balm to the heart.  You could sit by the side of this pool and dream your life away.

We are still in the time of the 'ceasefire', hostages on one side and prisoners on the other side.  There is now talk of usage of language in describing the actions of both sides. Sympathies lie on both sides, a criticism on Al Jazeera by BBC journalists.  I would probably argue on the side of the BBC that it is difficult given hundreds of reports to always use the right language.  Don't we all have that trouble?




The above reminds me something I read once about the mountains and lakes of Tibet.  That in their religion, the man was the mountain and the woman the lake.

6 comments:

  1. Hostages are children, babies, grandmothers, the prisoners are people who killed or wounded other people. How hypocrit can you be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not going to argue anonymous, just allow your comment to sit there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Innocent people are dead and dying on both sides. It is horrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed horrific and all this killing has to stop Tabor. Children are no more guilty of any crime in whatever homeland they may find themselves in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all must remember who started the killing. Better take this post off like you did before.you are speaking out of great ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Yael, I am not the enemy. You have somehow taken a very sharp view of a sentence I wrote which meant no harm. I will not talk of the terrible atrocities that happened on the 7th October But I have read of them and like many others realise that somehow peace must be negotiated in the end.

      Delete

Love having comments!