Tuesday, November 7, 2023

7th November 2023

 Yesterday's post was short and really was a light look at someone happily doing her craft.  Yet if the truth be told what we have is bleak miserable news to contend with every day. Simon Jenkins puts it well - We cannot turn away from suffering. As he so rightly says news by  television and most commentators is a voyeuristic journey of pain and horror.  Of course I am not denying this but could we not have a much broader discussion about solutions.  One day there is not enough relief medicine, water and food getting through the next few days suddenly it goes silent on this.

Well good news peeps out occasionally, the Great Fen project in Cambridgeshire is suddenly coming to fruition.  Land given over to growing food is now being turned into a watery wildness.  Though, yes there is an extra thought, what with all the rain we are having isn't the rest of Britain turning into a wet marshland?

I made a silly mistake last night, got my am and pm mixed up, the meditation session on a meeting was in the morning not in the evening, my granddaughter pointed it out to me when I couldn't get on to the Zoom meeting. I find Zoom a bit clumsy but will work on it.  I even managed to set up a Zoom meeting myself yesterday evening, but sadly there was only myself to talk to!

This photo seems rather appropriate - A rainy day in London - which I came across the other day.










12 comments:

  1. That is a great picture capturing a moment in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely captures the moment Tasker. Lillie, the smallest, when carried on someone's shoulder would make the loser sign (on her forehead) at passers by, which she has just learnt and became a favourite.

      Delete
  2. There is so much craziness going on that I want to turn away from but I think we must keep paying attention. I get confused with all that is happening but I keep reading so I can try and understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is terrible at the moment Ellen, and we are powerless to stop anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Land for growing food here has had all the seed washed away - what's good for wildlife is OK but we need fields for food too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose that they will have to reseed Sue. I am sure a middle way can be found to both grow food and leave some land for the wild.

      Delete
  5. Love the moodiness of that rainy day and the fact that no one is aware of the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were probably contemplating which restaurant to go to Tabor to escape the rain. As always the family were not dressed for the weather that day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that photo. It looks like you took it at a moment of peak disunity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it was probably Ben taking it, and we had all got tired of waiting for it to happen Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This picture made me laugh. I've got a lot of family pictures with uncooperative children.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It makes me giggle as well Debby. They actually get on well together but as usual no one was in the right clothes for rain. Vanity rules always!

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!