Monday, November 6, 2023

6th November 2023


For those who like patchwork I came across The Last Homely House. It is extraordinary how many people choose to make a small living out of You tube. It is a soft very feminine approach in this video.  The cottage just that, no elaborate modernising.  When I looked through the interior decoration on the site of the photographer the other day.  Classic but oh so boring design, swept surfaces that just had one or two highlight notes, everything perfectly matched but not a damn thing to do on any surface.  Books are also uncomfortable, unless of course they are arranged in ruler state precision as coffee books on the table.

Anyway the video will cheer people up with its gentle patter on quilting.





 

4 comments:

  1. There is a decorating 'trend' I have seen here: books displayed with the bindings against the wall so that what is seen is the page edges. It is seen as a minimalist approach and/or a way to focus attention on the other items on the shelf. I admit to feeling outraged every time I see this done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird isn't it Debby. They must expect you to stare at the wall or something, could be the television, and not do anything but admire the decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My home has books everywhere! Mine, husband's, granddaughters'.... couldn't bear to have to turn them round to see what they are!! But then I'm not into stylish decor....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is funny having the books turned round the wrong way. My bookcase is so untidy but I always know where a particular book is.

      Delete

Love having comments!