Monday, May 16, 2016

16th May

This is somewhat like keeping a diary, and what you notice in a diary that a day can go by without much happening.  Today is such a day.
Lucy is looking like a cross between a Dalmatian and a zebra in her new clipped coat for summer but seems happy with it, had her toe nails clipped as well.


The weather stays dry after the long wet winter, and the garden starts to suffer, and my flamboyant double white tulips have exploded into whirlygigs, with  beautiful green and yellow hearts but very unlike a standard tulip.


Life is funny sometimes, having gathered up my courage to stand up to some people in a forum on the notion that FACTS are not necessarily the make or break of life, my thoughts turn to that which is truth, or so we are told.  But I am left with the creative imaginative world which is such a delight but of course relies on twisting stories, myths and fables to fit the fabric of what they are saying.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160503-why-ancient-brits-threw-out-their-most-valuable-possessions

8 comments:

  1. Ah FACTS and TRUTH Thelma - those two great imponderables. I think we all have our own versions and it may be that none of us is right. I think it is best to stick to with the creative, imaginative world - after all I am happy to opt out of a lot and follow my own path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'FACTS and TRUTH Thelma - those two great imponderables' Not even going there till I have done a degree course in philosophy! Actually quoted Gradgrind at them;) what would we do without the internet?

      Delete
  2. First an apology for inserting the word 'to' after 'stick' - please ignore it.
    Secondly it is undoubtedly true that Lucy looks a totally different dog after being to the hairdressers, but I agree with you that she probably feels better. Tess always does, paticularly in Summeer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is very strange to look at, I preferred the prettier shaggier version of her, but we left her tail long.

      Delete
  3. Lucy looks lovely Thelma - I love to see the proper shape of their ears when they're cut as when the furs long you tend to end up with shaggy curly ears - I had our dogs cut a week ago - Daisy the Yorkie is presently imitating a Gremlin (do you remember the film from the 80's?) as her ears really stick up straight with out any fur to hide them and she does really look like one of the Gremlins from the film xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudie, must admit that was one of the things I asked for, her ears being shorn because they often ended up in her food bowl. That fur hid the fact that she is quite a shapely matron, dieting is a must. I do remember the gremlin film and can imagine Daisy ;).

      Delete
  4. I have admired Lucy in her tidy haircut for longer than you might imagine. The unique coloration of a spotted dog or a tortoiseshell cat is worth marveling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison, who washed and trimmed her did a good job. And you are right the colouration of both cats and dogs is something to marvel at.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!