Sunday, March 18, 2018

Hello lamp post what you doin? come to watch your flowers growing

                                                                      Waterloo Sunset

Sometimes those gentle  songs from the past come back, especially on a Sunday morning. As I empty the washing machine, retrieve the bread from the oven, burnished beautifully brown and mash the potatoes for fish cakes the songs fill the empty spaces of my mind.  But 'Feelin Groovy' is a good state of mind to be in!



Cat Stevens I love my dog, dedicated to Lucy who has been an absolute bitch about going out in this weather and has diarrhea, unfortunately!




6 comments:

  1. They remind me of the LPs my parents had when I was growing up in the 1970s. Happy times. Cecilia by S&G is still my favourite song even after all these years!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Cecilia, it has such rhythm, well at least it is good to dance to. There were a lot more gentle tunes in the 'olden days' ;)

      Delete
  2. Waterloo Sunset is on my list of all time favourite songs and 59th st bridge song we did as choral singing for competition at grammar school way way back. Two good memories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the world was innocent, at least we thought it so. Simon and Garunkel took a lot of beating.

      Delete

Love having comments!