Thursday, March 1, 2018

Good Wishes on St.David's Day



It is St. Davids day today the first of March, the first day of spring, ssssh maybe it isn't!  Email this morning that my perennial geraniums will be coming tomorrow, please let them live in this icy time.
What else, a neighbour C fell over last week and ended up in hospital, she is back home though feeling giddy, and I have said if she wants anything I will do some cooking for her, but her daughter should be coming this weekend.  And then there is the carvery do tonight, I expect a few will not come though nearly everyone is from the village, the footpath is treacherous though.
But to return to St.David, and a place I love, sorting out some notes about this famous saint and I find I have written a lot -- duh, still it makes me happy;)

https://northstoke.blogspot.co.uk/2008/05/saint-david.html


2 comments:

  1. How appropriate that I had leek andpotato soup for my lunch. Enjoy this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As he did only drink what crystal Hodney yields
    And fed upon the leeks he gathered in the fields
    In memory of whom, in each revolving year
    The Welshmen, on his day, that sacred herb do wear,"

    Sometimes customs are ridiculous, I notice lots of people are wearing daffodils. I'm rather soupless at the moment ;) could not find any butternut squash.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!