Friday, March 13, 2020

Culling photos

A quiet morning, the strong winds of yesterday have disappeared.  A couple of sentences on the present crisis.   And this next is written with tongue in cheek!  On reflection I don't want to be 'culled' quite happy to go quietly.  Decided this morning that if I can't get out of the bath, my one favourite treat a hot bath, than I will depart peacefully.

These are some paintings I would like on my wall, a palette of soft greens and greys the first one. The bottom two are by Danish artists, taken from female artists in history, probably 19th century. I have never had any luck with hollyhocks, though you will find them outside a Wiltshire cottage growing in hardly any soil, being delightfully exuberant in their growth.




I quite like the word 'culled' so what else took my fancy, well it was the funny cartoons this time.  My photos are taking the cut to make space on a rapidly filling laptop.







https://eand.co/this-is-how-a-society-dies-35bdc3c0b854

Picked up this essay this morning, and may I say it does not make happy reading for either American or British people, think it was Tom Degan who highlighted it.  Found his blog - The Rant too uptight for me but perhaps I shall reinstate him.





5 comments:

  1. Love the tree and doggy bag jokes - made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was one funny cartoon, a man with a dog cone on his head, and the dog looking at him, saying sagely "you know you must not touch your face". Its better in pictures than words.

      Delete
  2. Oxford, Ohio reporting in. I love Hollyhocks. And I love Zinnias, and have a note on my calendar to buy both this year. I love Tom Degan, too, and have followed him for years. He doesn't know I exist. He lives near FDR's home, and goes there on occasion to sit on a bench and recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Degan is very good and I do appreciate a good rant but he doesn't seem to have got rid of Trump yet for all his fury ;) Hollyhocks are such flamboyant flowers, I envy anyone who can grow them, think it must be to do with soil and dryness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Depressing but true, once again I visit here and find something interesting to read that I would not have otherwise have found.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!