Saturday, March 14, 2020

Saturday

Marie Lucas-Robiquet, French 1858-1959

Got up this morning rather late, 6.15. and as I put the kettle on a barn owl flew through the garden, a sign of hope I think.  'Green Eyes' the kitten popped her head above the church wall, she normally appears about 8.0.  I think her routine is being upset by her mother and a big black cat that has suddenly appeared, they come and eat her food.  My friend says that Jo's kittens are being scared by the people over the road.  Jo is away and has a house sitter for all her animals but should be back soon.

When she stood on the front doorstep, we both held out arms at a metre length laughing, how the world is changing.  I shall go with 'Namaste' a respectful sign of welcome it is not particularly Buddhist but drapes itself round the words me/bow/you.  We have decided to keep an eye out for each other, though she has done this for me since Paul died.

We chattered yesterday afternoon, 'I' and me, about trees, the council has at last replied (several weeks) about the planting of one tree, but there is hope we will be able to plant more in various corners.  Trees are getting a rough ride in this, builders cut them down, or worse, net them so that the birds  can't get to them.  The council in Sheffield, contracted the cutting down of trees in the city well over a year ago, but 'people power' stepped out to save them and now an agreement has been reached to protect and plant more trees. 

So I get my smaller rigid heddle loom out, and then precede to put the warp on the wrong roller, what do I do? cut it off.  Lucy has also got two balls of wool and turned them into a great tangled mess, she just loves being naughty. 

Photos; How they grow, if I live to see a few more years, I will probably turn into a great grandmother, a privilege for which I am grateful.


Matilda and Lillie. Almost grown up, such sweet faces, you would never believe the bickering that goes on between them

A photo taken years ago at The Red Lion, Avebury. We had megalithic meetings there.  Still keep in touch with most of them on F/B

A view of Whitby down the 99 steps

They grow too quickly

10 comments:

  1. Love te painting - have not heard of the artist before. Love all your photos too - photos of family usually recall happy times and it is good to remember them when we are left alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all appear on Female artists in history, she lived to a grand old age. The subject matter is near to my heart, knitting, she seemed so perfectly calm in the light of the window.

      Delete
  2. Encouraging pictures. I'm going to have a day out in Whitby when it's a bit warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well wait until we get past the peak of this virus, Whitby can get very crowded. Fish and chips at the Magpie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read your reply to Tasker Thelma! Oh for fish and chips at The Magpie - I can almost smell them from here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way people sit down with a pot of tea and white bread and butter to accompany the fish and chips.

      Delete
  5. I like namaste but haven't heard it much recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will find it amongst the esoteric brigade, those who commit to different faiths such as paganism.

      Delete
  6. Prince Charles is using Namaste I see, a sensible solution to avoiding the many hand shakes he’s required to give.
    The Magpie in Whitby! Delicious fish and chips on the icy cold day we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. People queue to get in the Magpie for their fish and chips, though I am sure there are other good places to eat. I once travelled in a train from York to Scarborough with a fish and chip restaurant/shop owner (she gave me a lift over the snowy moors to Whitby) and her son had put his hand into the boiling oil, they can be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!