Wednesday, April 13, 2022

13th April 2022

I wasn't going to write today.  Spent a lot of the day trying to figure out how to put my spinning wheel together. It. Is. Difficult.  Nuff said. 

But what cheered me up was the dancers dancing to Jerusalema.   They are dancing to it everywere, it has a fascinating rhythm to it.  I have seen  Garda (Irish) police dancing, doctors and nurses, and many people all over the world stepping out to it.  Probably my favourite are the nuns and the priests/monks in a closed monastic order, redeeming us all with dance.


So stop worrying about petrol and join in the fun.  The song has been around for ages.  The singer is a South African vocalist Nomcebo.  And if you can't dance just think about joyful things and let the beat get to your soul.



8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the video! I'm afraid my dancing days are over, but it did pick my spirits up to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is the song, the nuns seemed to be enjoying it though.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Found a video of GWR in Paddington Station, dancing their way through the station, all a good metre apart, more than you can say for Downing Street.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-SgPRS00i0

      Delete
  3. That video certainly made my heart dance!! Thank you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Tink, all the way out there in Australia.

      Delete
  4. Now that's what you call happy dancing.

    Hope you manage to get the spinning wheel sorted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could probably put the traditional together without much trouble but this small one called a castle has more pieces Sue.

      Delete

Love having comments!