Saturday, April 30, 2022

30th April 2022

 


A day in the life of.........

I was happy yesterday, no reason, but my heart danced for a while with Paul.  Things just panned out, decided not to worry about every thing but sadly Joanne, my spinning wheel has again got stuck at a particular point.

I received an email from my half-brother, I had written to him to say about the DNA test, and he came back saying from the moment that he saw a photo of me I was  so like his mother  he knew that we were siblings and welcomed his niece, my daughter. 

Went off to Lidl to get a few things. Friday is fish and chips night but I have given up on the treat, so new potatoes and fine beans were on the list.  Stood behind a great shopping trolley of goods and wished I had left my stuff in the basket so I could have moved but decided I had nothing better to do than stand and watch.  When it came to an end, £200 of stuff, there was the little comedy of the customer using the 'app' on his phone to pay.  The young asistant was helpful, pointing to that 'little squiggle' in the left hand corner.  I had arrived with cash, and my mind mulled was there enough gold in the Bank of England to cover cash sales nowadays.  You can tell I shall never go down the crypto currency way, nor the app on the phone! I'm just about 'contactless' as far as cards are concerned

For tea I cooked the beans, and then fried some onions, throwing in some tomatoes to mush down and then the beans.  This was always how my grandfather cooked them, I realised many years ago that his cooking was continental but had never put two and two together.

Earlier in the day I had watched videos about the flooding in Hebden in 2015, how the people had pulled together with lots of outsiders coming to help.  The Asian community and Sikhs provided hot meals during the time of the clean-up.. Sometimes the nonsense of London based news does not really catch the actions of normal people day by day.

Another video was 'Fruity Knitting', a monthly look at knitting designers from around the world.  The family who present this video, remind me of the sadness in families.  It was at first produced by Australian husband and wife.  Then he died in very sad circumstances, and the wife then presented with her beautiful daughter.  For the last three months she has been presenting from her sister's house in Australia.  Different ways of life with the added bonus of landscape and interesting designers to meet and listen to.  I can hardly call them home made videos because in the end there is a lot of money invested in equipment. 

Ellie Griffiths keeps me company whilst I knit, 'The Dying Fall' at the moment, I have almost listened to and read all of her books in the Ruth Gallowaway series.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had a happy day! I have enjoyed reading the Ruth Galloway series also. I hope she writes some more! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does she not have another series based in Brighton Ellen?

      Delete
  2. Isn't it wonderful when we can be happy for no reason? I had an interesting episode while queueing at Sainsbury's a few years ago. An elderly lady with an enormous amount of shopping was very methodically loading her bags as they piled up around her. Having successfully loaded the bags the check-out girl asked for payment. This seemed to come as something of a surprise and after much searching in pockets and handbag she announced that it "must be in one of the shopping bags" which she proceeded, item by item, to unload. It must have been one of those "happy for no reason days" then, because I could see the funny side of it. After a while assistance arrived in the shape of the manager, who whisked her and her bags away to an unoccupied till. The assistant apologised to me, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this comment was in spam, it made me smile though, we will all get there one day, loading and unloading our shopping.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had an enjoyable day. sometimes it is better to 'forget' everything and have a carefree day. Sorry about the spinning wheel though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being very laid back about it Pat, everything will happen in time.

      Delete
  4. It sounds as if some component somewhere in the wheel were out of balance. I am no good at "in due time" and probably would be scouring the neighborhood looking for a balance person.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!