Wednesday, September 27, 2023

27th September 2023

I am so happy tonight, the family matter which has hung like a cloud over us all has been resolved.  What the future may bring is something we don't know but for this instance in time, this moment, the family won.

This is what I wrote last night and that is all I shall say about it.  Because we have to wake up in the cold light of day and face yet another refugee crisis.....crisis in Nagorno-Karabakh, an enclave of ethnic Armenians surrounded by Azerbaijan' 120 thousand refugees fleeing in desperate concern from the possibility of ethnic cleansing. They lose their homes, land and animals, the stark reality of shifting boundaries and war.  There seems so many refugee camps around the world, that it is as if the Earth itself has shifted on its point of equilibrium.  It reminds me of ants the human race, rushing around being nothing but busy, hostility is the name of the game.

So I shall record the things that have pleased me, Amazon is being taken to court for controlling the market - yah! America thank you.

The Trump problem is also going through the courts he has been telling lies about how much his property portfolio is - tell me about it!

I was watching, it may have been  'State of Chaos' when the presenter Laura Kuenssberg detailed in elegant language our calamitous decline under the conservatives and she said that when Johnson had tried to prorogue parliament the stepping in of the law held at bay the right of government to overstep the right of law.  Johnson was accused of lying to the Queen.  And don't ask where Truss and Kwarteng were in the debate, just read this long wiki report.

Politics parked for the moment.  I shall go and watch some funny doggy antics on a video to clear my mind ;)

6 comments:

  1. I despair of the world an d the state it is in/ Folk tell me that it has always been like this and that it is the media who bring it all to the fore and embroider it. But you can't embroider the suffering of thousands just because of their religion, the colour of their skin - I don't think there will ever come a day when everyone gets on well and we can all just get on with our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well cynically all one can say is that it will drop out of the news soon enough Pat.

      Delete
  2. I thought programme 2 of chaos was the most astonishing, when Cummings and co. said they started plotting to replace Johnson within days of him being elected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just watched all three programmes back to back. Cummings saw himself as the prime minster behind the real one. There was so much scheming it is a wonder any parliamentary duties got done Tasker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am of course mystified by the first two sentences.

    Nagorno-Karabakh is hard to say but it's easy to see that those who dwelt there for generations have been escaping from great terror - adding to the world's bubbling cauldron of pain and uncertainty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I did allude to it somewhere. But basically everything is fine now at least for the time being. As for fears of genocide in the Russian states, there is nothing we can do. Only watch hopelessly as people wait out their lives in refugee camps.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!