Thursday, October 5, 2023

5th October 2023

 Well one down two more to go.  I am talking about party conferences.  Just remember to be rich, have a private helicopter in the background, and you won't have to worry about the rest of society. 

It reminds me of a whirlpool, we are all spinning round and round further down into the vortex until kind death grabs us. Okay a bit dramatic but the will we/wont we business of HS2 has finally been settled and the countryside is of course the loser. Having been upended and bulldozed through.

Murrmurrs has written another funny but very sad blog on the fate of the sagebrush lizard in America, you can read it here.  What is it with rich people? why do they want more money all the time.  Oil, fracking and it will be water soon as we begin to run out of this precious substance.  Lets make a profit and fuck the real living world.  

I am using that rude word having noticed how it ran for a brief time through the blogs..  I think it is an ugly word but good for describing a furious reaction.  In this household it is written on three mugs  F*** the Tories, and there is even a ruder word on one mug but I shall refrain.

Soon I will return to the gentler realms of looking back through old blogs, I thought to find the Harvest Festival at the church in Normanby.  It will be sad knowing that it was Jo and David who cared for the church so much who made the displays.  The bright red of apples against the greys of the stone, or the sharp colours of shaggy chrysanthemums and dahlias.  Old fashioned flowers, the chrysanthemums with that sharp Autumn smell.

Now the flowers at the supermarket look bright like artificial flowers and come from far away like South Africa.  Everything is a commodity these days.

A message zooms on my computer, my daughter asking if she should buy fish and chips on the way home tonight.  Didn't even know she had left the house but they are on a train.  An actual moving train without it being on strike.  It must be a joyous experience after yesterday when two hour journey's on buses left both of them exhausted.

8 comments:

  1. Maybe it's because I'm irish but I think its a wonderful word with a thousand uses!
    I'm not sure what I'd do without it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;) ;) Lot of it has to do with the tone of voice I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These people have lost their humanity. Somebody likened them to dragons pointlessly guarding their hoards of wealth. If the Mother Ship goes down I'm afraid they're going down with it all their billions won't make a jot of difference. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just see Smaug and his hoard of gold Aril. It seems rather pointless hoarding money as well it can't give you a trouble free life. The billionaires concentrate on either living forever or creating another world. They wont make it!

      Delete
  4. Could do with one of those mugs here though we don't use the f word often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My granddaughter refuses to have a mug with the words on, and so do I. But you are right we all need a word for swearing against this government Ruta.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. So you use that word a lot Joanne? chuckle.

      Delete

Love having comments!