Sunday, October 29, 2023

29th October 2023 - Joseph




Yesterday was a sort of wait for a parcel day.  This time a large Dimplex electric radiator for my room.  It sits in its box waiting for its arrival into the world, I hate undoing well packed boxes!

As we live in the centre of the entertainment hub of Tod, it means I missed going to the Folklore group yesterday afternoon.

But I did go to 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Coat' put on by the youth part of the Hippodrome Theatre in the evening.  Wow, that is all I can say, danced, sung and acted with great panache (and happiness) and the music was great.  

Packed house all week it has been on, the show was great, Lillie's last appearance in a show there.  The audience was so enthusiastic, clapping, whistling, standing up, it must have felt worthwhile for all the children and young adults to hear the enthusiasm from the audience 

The rest of the family will be off to Macclesfield today to look at Ellie and Tom's house which they are renting. I have decided not to go, seen Tom here, he carried the box upstairs for me, we have just learnt he is 29 not 30 as is his mother thought, but he had come down to see his sister in the show.  Apparently it is a long journey, not helped by the fact they have to catch a coach to Rochdale back this morning.


Photos taken from Todmorden Hippodrome F/B

12 comments:

  1. One of my favourite shows, so uplifting! Gigi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard it before, so its fun and energy is a shock and of course it encompasses lots of people.

      Delete
  2. That looks like great fun, Thelma. Glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the wardrobe people worked very hard on all the costumes.

      Delete
  4. They have managd to get a whole lot of colour in there - it looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Pat it was very colourful and very loud as well. They are doing a storytelling of Grimm's fairy tales nearer to Xmas, an adaption by Phillip Pullman.

      Delete
  5. I'm never too sure of my son's ages (37 and 33 I think) and have to check so as not to give offence. I do remember which of them is older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem with my two children and the grandchildren Ruta. Birthdays as well;) and so it goes on.

      Delete

Love having comments!