Sunday, October 8, 2023

8th October 2023

Well I have been going through old blogs -2007 is when this blog was started, it replaced a blog I deleted because of some  trolling.

Memories are caught, my struggle to understand the nature of things, it is all there.  The walking, thinking me...  'Natural Sacred Places'  Obviously I read the books but did they take me any nearer I wonder? 

 

The silvery white of quartz in the stones  up on Carn Meini

As I have got older, knowledge seems less important, it is the infinitesimal that we should note, facts are just facts.  The real world, is living and breathing and most important of all creating, so as I sat with Moss, neither of us were thinking deep thoughts but were experiencing with some trepidation  the horses coming nearer to see what I was eating, the faraway ridge of Carn Meini and the little Gors Fawr stone circle, just mysteries waiting for an explanation.



So I didn't get very far through the blogs, they were just welcome past memories.  For instance how many of these small snails have I seen in my lifetime I wonder.  A Brown Ringed snail. Still don't know the name but just glad it exists whether on the slopes of Primrose Hill or down by the river at Silbury.


And today, found a You tube video of a cromlech that I never quite found in Wales - The Gwal y Filiast - The lair of the Grey Hound Bitch.  Technology is opening the world out, and the young are using it in various ways to explore their world.





4 comments:

  1. That's one that passed us by too. Vaguely knew where it was but not quite local enough to go looking. I have a feeling it was in the woods near where Giles Chapman lived and sold architectural salvage (from his house when he stopped trading from the old church in H'west). We have those little stripey shelled snails in the garden here.

    Just off for a walk in the woods near Erwood to try and unwind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to find it on my way back from Solva, and even got to the village but couldn't find the path. Always wanted to go there but a video is as good as seeing it. Hope you enjoyed your walk, it is a very taxing time for you at the moment Jennie.

      Delete
  2. The older I get the less I know and the more I think it doesn't matter anyway. I suspect you feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes exactly Pat. I still read what interests me but no need to commit it to my brain!

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!