Tuesday, June 16, 2015

16th June

Waiting for boxes to be delivered, the contents of the cupboard and wardrobes lay sprawled on the bed in anticipation... Notice Japanese snow shoes are going to be thrown away (is that all?) but little else at the moment.  Had a 'stream of consciousness' from my daughter on F/B this morning, she seems really excited about our move up and it was lovely to read her comments, I am blessed ;)

LS says reading my blog gives him a deeper insight as to what I'm thinking, so here goes, it DOES NOT HURT to throw away stuff if you are not ever going to use it in the future, let alone store it in the next loft.

I think I shall talk chickens, want some 'blue pekin' bantams, friendly and pretty they are great companions in the garden, though in reality should go for a large breed for the bigger eggs.  I remember my pair with great affection pottering around the garden, squawking should our urban fox be round, though he eventually got them in the end.  

4 comments:

  1. When the farmer and I were first married I bought a new hen hut and a trio of pekins - they bred over the years but the farmer never took to them as. of course, they are not 'good layers' like the hybrids. I loved them dearly and they eventually died of old age. Interesting, although we have foxes around, we have never lost a hen to them. (fingers crossed)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Pat, we have to fence the front garden first, and put some gates in as well, but it all has to been drawn up and measured. But I want to fence the back garden first, so hens should be on this summer, especially when LS gets his shed, I shall choose a hen house...

      Delete
  2. Bantams are fine - cost less to feed and you still get eggs. You just have to use twice as many if baking with them. Exciting times ahead.

    Such a shame to throw something as unusual as Japanese Snow Shoes away - Oxfam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't throw them away. To be truthful Jennie we could start a museum with the stuff hanging on the wall, yesterday Paul opened a box, looked like a glittery crown, turned out to be a Japanese warrior's helmet..... Get up 5.30, pack boxes it is a bit of a nightmare;) In tears this morning, as I contemplated grapefruit dishes and glass bowls which I don't like but belonged to his mother, but he was quite happy to donate to our local charity shop. We do recycle to our charity shop just 5 minutes away, Oxfam gets all the books in town.

      Delete

Love having comments!