Wednesday, May 27, 2020

A moment




Weather beautiful. The wind is still, the sun breaks through cloud and the garden is filled with bird chatter.  Chris Packham on Springwatch last night was so delighted with his world in the woods by his home near the New Forest.  There is an excitement in the air, we have pulled the hold called 'stop the world I want to get off' and it is so intriguing. Badgers coming out in daylight, dolphins swim into our harbours, the Thames in the countryside, clear and beautiful because there are no boats.  Chase the butterflies and bees take in the magic for this moment.  
My garden has grown with unrestrained vigour, the weeds, dandelion and creeping buttercup all but obliterated.  My favourites come into flower, the roses, honeysuckles, cranesbills and a couple of foxgloves from last year.
Now for a small video, I promise to improve but I still can't edit properly.....


10 comments:

  1. How lovely and perfect time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks great! I wish I could get rid of all of my weeds but I will keep working at it. I loved the sounds in your sweet video. You have a lot of nature in your yard! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with that Thelma. I am a great fan of Alchemilla Mollis and I see you are too.l am in your garden with you on that video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The different shades of green in your border are glorious. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I miss a garden of bird chatter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I will answer you all in one comment. Aril I love green and leaf formation, so things are often chosen for that reason. Joanne, the joy of bird song is because there is less traffic on the road, I laughed when I heard Nelson's cockerels in the background. Ellen I garden for nature ;) counting my bees, scolding the birds for fighting.
    Thank you everyone for listening to a rather poorly taken video, but I was so thrilled to come upon a newly emerged bumble bee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the video Thelma. Your background cawing was impressive - just like rooks. Do you do any other bird impressions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant at making a cuckoo noise Y/P ;)

      Delete

Love having comments!