Saturday, May 23, 2020

Jackie Morris and the Bookshop Band


This is a video of a concert since closed because of the virus.  It was to take place at St.David's cathedral in Pembrokeshire, a favourite holiday place.  Jackie Morris and Robert MacFarlane wrote the book of 'The Lost Words', which at that time certain words had been left out of the Oxford dictionary.  The young singer, Beth is  sweet  but I must admit I moved on through her songs.  The picture of the little daughter in her 'outfit' was charming, and the whole naive video of 25 minutes is a joy to watch.
It shows how people cope in this age of lockdown, and brings the message home that our young are still dreaming......... And it is going in my blog/diary

2 comments:

  1. I bought several copies of that book for gifts back then. It really is beautiful. I didn't know about the source of the text or that it had inspired music. But, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely book Joanna, but yes I think it inspired many things by the authors.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!