Sunday, May 10, 2020

Sunday thoughts

Meadowsweet
Things I love. flowers;  They melt away, brief lives of the plants but meadowsweet is something I always look out for.  A strewing flower in the Middle Ages it will appear in June.  There is some along the old green lane in the shade which flowers each year.

Grandchildren; who of course grow up sadly, but hey-ho there will probably be great grandchildren to see in the future.

Matilda showing off, quite different from the picture below.


fractious

sweet

6 comments:

  1. I love Meadowsweet too. I live close to Jervaulx Abbey and like to imagine it strewn on the floors there
    many centuries ago. I love the photographs of Matilda - growing into such a beautiful young lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is quite a handful, clever and knows where she is going. A determined spirit.

      Delete
  2. Amazing how fast life goes by. It's why we need to appreciate each day and moment. Not always easy to do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Rain, I've been a grandma for about 24 years.

      Delete
  3. I think that's the plant I knew as meadowsweet in my Vermont gardens--a ferny clump of leaves at the base and a froth of white flowers above. I haven't seen it in Kentucky--maybe the summers are too hot and humid. Flowers make life a bit easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, Though it is called meadowsweet, in actual fact it comes from the fact that it was a flavouring herb for the drink mead, it is quite tall and likes damp places, alongside a ditch or river.

      Delete

Love having comments!