Friday, September 23, 2022

23rd September 2022

My daughter returned exhilarated from her trip to Switzerland, the late Manchester to London plane had made them miss the next plane but were put up free in a hotel for the night.  Transport was never easy in this country ;) listen to Lillie on catching a bus to Rochdale in the morning!

Karen's two aunts were visited and trips out to restaurants.  They went out to the Bahyse restaurant in BlonayDo you remember it mum, yes, definitely.  The morel mushroom cream sauce was literally to die for alongside frites, delicious.  Always declined the steaks though!  Also of course fillet de perch, a delicious version of our own fish and chips. 

They went up to stay in the mountains for a few days which they enjoyed, rather than skiing they scootered down the mountain.

All busy in the house, now she is back, we need a heating engineer to turn on the heating, it is cold. Water pressure is low but for that I suppose we need a couple of weeks rain! 

Two rooms are being emptied for my stuff, the lad moving a double bed at the very top of the house has just been and coming back at lunchtime to take it away.  My furniture that I bought from the cottage was truly slimmed down and I only bought and filled 20 boxes, by way of rationing myself, the rest I left behind.

So all change.  I have one very big room and one small room for my stuff, just enough for a small flat (which might come up in the future across the road)  I am definitely looking forward to what I have packed.  Books especially.  Gave so much away to Oxfam, even the silver service teaset,  brought for my first marriage, but there is freedom on not owning 'stuff'.  After all it just gets passed through the family who are not sure what to do with it all.

Today there is the worrying news of the drafting of Russian men in the war against Ukraine, it breaks one heart to think that a few men in authority can bring about the death of many.  I just pray that there is a revolt against the Russian president Putin in his own country.

4 comments:

  1. Putin needs put in something. I wonder if his non participation will bring him one short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what you meant there Joanne, but Putin is really beginning to push his people to revolt I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Thela I always find it sad that one man can take so many of their country's young lives and play with them like toy soldiersleaving so many families grieving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many are trying to leave the country of course Pat. It seems like the whole world is on the move.

      Delete

Love having comments!