Thursday, September 29, 2022

29th September 2022


Well it is the quiet notes of radio 3 this morning and a no-pay audio book by Susan Hill - Mist in the Mirror.  Audible/Amazon always gets worried when I don't splurge on another three books, so you get a freeby.

So apparently there are more than four Apocalyptic Horses gathering on the horizon - pensions, mortgages, heating and eating - joy.  Welcome to the new Tiger eating world of Truss and Kwarteng.  Or perhaps it is a Roman world?  throw the populace into the ring and watch them slug it out with the wild animals. Enough.

In my emails this morning, and I haven't even touched the 'news' ones yet was a reminder from 'Fruity Knitting', an engaging Australian duo of mother and daughter who knit, of their new Youtube video.  My passion as you know.  Coincidentally they were going to a wool festival in Prince Edward island, right in the track of the Fiona storm.  So they were able to give some footage of it.  The daughter explained the tracking of the storm in such a practical manner, that even I understood it.  They survived unharmed but with no power and eating out of tins.  They were worried the camera was not going to hold out but it did.  So there they sat in their hotel room, with a great pile of knitting wool and chatted away.

I think to be honest I am going to be 'away with the fairies' and just concentrate on the calmness of knitting.  Think Cro should join me as well, a few weeds on the streets of Brighton is really not a worry at the moment. ;)

So what have I found, a traditional ruined family house in Shetland which you might like.  Somehow I see a theme emerging from my writing today but it is not all doom and gloom, just winter coming and a new political change on the way.



6 comments:

  1. I have a friend who visited Shetland for many years and absolutely loved it. I have now watched this about half a dozen times - I don't tired of it at all - at the moment with everything in turmoil almost wish I lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The edge of the world Pat. not quite caught up with the restlessness of our towns. Was also looking at the Sange linge Tibetain monastery yesterday planning a journey by train. But too cold this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the video. The Shetland Summer looks pretty grey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Tom, that is why you need to knit warm clothes. But one thing, whenever I say 'cow' I shall always think of 'coo'. The delight of language.

      Delete

Love having comments!