Saturday, September 3, 2022

3rd September 2022


Just to record the day up to now.  Walked down the canal path to Lidl to get salmon for tea.  The weather was dull and quiet, the moors above covered in mist.  No geese, just ducks being fed of course and skimming the water with that graceful swoosh ducks have.  Walking back decided to go on to the organic shop and buy a ringing bowl.  The boats along the canal have increased including the monkey statues on 'Carpe Diem'.  One boat had boxes of geraniums on its roof, showing up the sad end of summer flowers on the flowerbeds that lined the canal.  

Fireweed and nettles have taken over from the earlier wild flowers, though the bright yellow of evening primrose shines through.  Yesterday when I walked the canal two butterflies danced in front of me, we almost collided.

Choosing my ringing bowl, which was small and quite expensive.  why did I buy it?  I love the sound it makes reverberating on the air, it reminds me of Paul always ringing a bowl on Sunday.  When I got home and showed it to Lillie, her news whilst I had been away made us both laugh.

A visitation by two Jehovah Witnesses at the front door, she arguing she was an atheist, with all her mother's collection of Mary and Jesus stuff behind her.  Yes it is a collection not a faith!  I told her that my 'adopted' religion from now on was Buddhist.  For me it seems the most peaceful tradition.

Outside Lidl there is an electric charge up point for cars, though I have not seen it used.  But also a large metal container which is made up of lockers for parcels.  Apparently you collect your parcels from them.  First time I had seen it in use today, with a young Asian lad collecting something, and the thought went straight through my mind, the young are smoothly moving into this new territory of digital dominance.  Lillie never carries cash she informs me just uses a card.  The problem of ordering over the internet now of course is the great quantity of cardboard you acquire.


Another witty, clever essay from Murrmurs


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Dressed in their best bib and tucker, suited up. God knows what Lillie was wearing, she was still in bed!

      Delete
  2. Nearly 400,000 people recorded their religion as Jedi in the 2001 census. May the force be with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it might have been different if they all had their Jedi light sabers but I see it was Labour, second time around.

      Delete
  3. They are still quite active round here but never bother me once I tell them I am a Humanist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belief systems are strange things Pat, but those that inflict often dangerous practise on others have to be judged by the society they live in.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!