Monday, September 26, 2022

26th September 2022

 Who was talking about death the other day?  Well Lillie was being a bit peeved with me because I have had four Covid jabs and she has only had two or three?  Why do old people get more notice than the young people, who are (supposedly) the life blood of this country we wonder.  Well the answer is mostly because in a caring society we look after our old and obviously Covid doesn't take the young down as it does the old.

She suddenly looked  embarrassed with her thoughts and I smiled at her turmoil, because, now a thought flies across my mind, does our fear of death keep everyone alive because of guilt.  I am of the opinion that we should have the right to  own death in our own time.  And I think law moves towards this slowly.

Here I sit with my oil radiator on, there is a plumber downstairs in the basement fixing the heating, a new part was needed.  So joy, not just one person has turned up this morning but three.  The other two are builders, who are quoting the three jobs identified.  Though as my daughter says - I'll pay them anything, just as long as they do it!

The weather has turned sharply cold, North-East wind I think, and there are news stories of minus degrees this week as a storm billows past from Iceland.  Climate change denialists the future is here....

I save spiders, and when people go into hysteria (my granddaughters) when a spider pops up and scuttles across the carpet, rather than kill will catch it and put it outside...  But what intrigues me about this meme is the last line,  are humans so selfish that we are able to destroy the living planet we live on just because it doesn't fit in with our perception of our own precious selves?




13 comments:

  1. And what if every time he ate a fly or caught some other little bug he had thought he was doing you a favour and being thoughtful- wouldn't you feel guilty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put two huge ones outside in August and so far thankfully they haven't found their way back in yet .........at least I hope not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never fear, you live in a bungalow near to the ground, so just keep an eye on the bath plug hole/

      Delete
  3. I catch spiders in a cup and put them out, I am afraid I do not have the same sympathy for crickets bouncing around my basement (they would be too hard to catch anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crickets are rather rare in this country, they love warmth, not something that can be found round here.

      Delete
  4. I put them out. Or try to...if they don't explode on me.😬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that Debby, and my first thought was when spiders have babies (a lot of them) do they eat each other like frog spawn?

      Delete
  5. I also run a spider re homing service as my daughter is terrified of them. The spiders are trapped in a glass then taken to the log pile down the garden where, I am sure, they then make their way back up to the house to do it all over again! Bath plug hole always kept plugged by ever vigilant daughter. Janx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That reminds me of the moment in Autumn on an early morning walk in the garden. The plants covered in webs and the sun shining through them. Think it is the orb spider but not sure Jan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are so beautiful and intricate. Clever spiders. xx

      Delete
  7. I'm waiting to see what sort of spiders visit my apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When an eensy weensy spider takes a piece out of you and you itch and swell for days, it does not encourage one to save a spider.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!