Sunday, October 30, 2022

Samhain



Children I am mean;

I am not a lover of turning the ghoulish Halloween into a binge of sweeties for the children.  Let the wild horses of Annwn ride the skies and the dead rise from their graves and go knocking on our door.  Which suddenly strikes a bell because I dreamt last night that someone knocked at the door.  My more pragmatic daughter said it was probably because I was waiting for a parcel.  Which is true, it came yesterday, Seasalt wins again with another tunic.

I wrote in 2009 about Halloween and much prefer the pagan folklore that has built up around this time of the year. Though now the Celtic Samhain has rather extinguished 'All Soul's Night' times evolve and change.

I find Loreena McKennit singing 'The Visit' and remember playing this CD on our car journeys.



And a wiki for explaining the history of Samhain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love having comments!